Can't render specific scene, crashes all the time

Hello!

Yere the problem, I try to create scene with "Harpwood Trail" material, but when I try to render it takes more than 10 min to prepare materials and then it crashes, all the time.

My setup is:

CPU: i5 7400 quad core

RAM: DDR4 16Gb

GPU: GTX1050ti 4Gb

SSD: 240Gb system + 240Gb daz library + 32Gb swap file

When it starts, it takes all the RAM, and then it creates about 6Gb of swapping file and at that point it crashes.

Comments

• Dave McHDave McH Posts: 49
    edited May 2018

I kinda found solution but not really happy about it.

If I use Sun-Sky Only everything is going pretty normal.

But if I use pesets with HDRI and Dome and Scene everything goes bad.

So now I have no idea how to get nice sky cloudy in my scene :(

Post edited by Dave McH on
  • plarffplarff Posts: 264

Are you using CPU and GPU for rendering? I found some ram heavy images I had to use both options. Then others only GPU.  I had similar problems when usnig my old GTX1060 3GB card. You need more VRAM for this type of thing to be solved.

• Dave McHDave McH Posts: 49

No, I use only GPU. I just was surprised that one option had such an influence.

At the moment I think of rendering scene and skydome and then combine them in photophsop.

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912

Try this...

Immediately before you render. Hit F2 (Settings) Clear the Cache and accept. Then Render. It seems to work for me. If you cancel or want to change the render for any reason, clear the cache again. 

• I'm getting the same problem using DAZ 4.16.0.3 .... I load Harpwood Trail, and when I try to do an IRAY preview, DAZ crashes.  This is terrible.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Digging up ancient threads is really annoying...

Why do you use Iray preview on something like that? 

The problem that was discussed in this thread back in 2018, was that the computer was not up to the task. Most of these nature scenes require a real computer before one can even think about using Iray preview

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

Are you using the Iray materials?  Pretty much any scene with a lot of geometry that uses 3Dlight shaders will crash the Iray renderer, especially if you've got some objects with iray shaders as well.