Moving to floor a transfered figure sets it too high.

I took a character from g3f and exported it to g8f to find out that when I make it "move to floor" it skyrockets up instead of landing onto the ground plane. It is a resized and reshaped figure. Rescaling it to normal and removing any morph causing a rescaling doesn't change this behavior. Is there a way to readjust/recalibrate the character to make it "land" properly?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,340

Do other items behave as expected? If you select the figure is its bounding box around it, or displaced downwards?

• edited May 2018

Other characters I ran through the same process, when I "drop" them to the floor, will typically adjust to a Y position of 0.18, which is rather acceptable. This one however jumps up to 26.69. She is smaller than normal, being tweaked with Zev0's Growing Up. Still, the other characters I use are also adapted with the same Growing Up and thezy don't levitate :) To answer your question, the bounding box is well centered around g8. the triaxis manipulator is also correctly placed relatively to her, at the same level as the base of her feet... but g8, the box and the triais, being all coherently placed towards each other, are all floating high.

Post edited by second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 on
  • Newsflash: it's the hair. Somehow, adding some specific hairsets will cause this. The hell if I can see why...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,340

Sorry, I don't know what could be causing the issue then.

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983

Try this: select the root node of the hair in question, select the Joint Editor tool, open the Tool Settings pane, adjust the center point y possition to zero.

I think the Move to Floor command is using the center point that is setup in the root node of a figure or a prop to determine how high it is placed above the floor.

Otherwise it could be something that is parented to the figure and placed way under the floor level. Could be any item like a Null, Camera, Light.

• JpegerJpeger Posts: 25

I just ran into this too and one by one I un"fit" each item of clothing, and refit it to the character after confirming it wasn't the base figure.  One item of clothing I transferred from a Genesis 3 character by just changing the "fit to" and not doing it to "none" first.  That's what fixed it for me.