Importing With "GoZ" Wont Update Models?

ben_roprimben_roprim Posts: 46

I have recently bought Zbrush so that I can use it with Daz and update models by hand. 

In the attached image file, is a screenshot of me trying to "Update An Existing Model" in Daz3D from Zbrush. But the area is greyed out. Why?

It seems no matter what I try to do, importing anything from Zbrush doesnt work and it stays greyed out

I have tried looking up videos on how to fix it, but it seems no one has addressed this issue.

Currently, I don't have a clue as to what I can do.

So my question is: How can I update an Existing Object in Daz3D from Zbrush using GoZ, so that this particular area can be usable?

Any information is very valuable so that I may continue my work between both programs.

Thank you to anyone who may help!

GoZ Screenshot.jpg
545 x 462 - 105K
Post edited by ben_roprim on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,413

Did you send the mesh to ZBrush at base resolution or current resolution? If it's sub-divided then you must not sue Curent resolution if you are making a morph.

Did you divide the mesh in Zbrush and not go back to the base, or use tools like Insert burshes of ZModeller? You cannot add or remove (or remesh) the model in ZBrush if it is to be a morph.

• ben_roprimben_roprim Posts: 46

That seems to have been the problem. 

When I was sending the model into Zbrush from Daz, it was sent at High Resolution at first.

When doing GoZ, I unchecked the box saying "Use Current Resolution" and it worked when sending the model back into Daz.

Thank you for your help, I very much appreciate your time. Hopefully from here on out I won't run into issues.

• I am having the same issue no idea why but when importing back to Daz i can not choose update an existing object. Even tried exporting new genensis model to Zbrush (lowerst resolution) . Opening in Zbrush ( not editing anything in Zbrush ) and the Pressing GoZ and still i cant press update existing object. What could it be ?

• tinavasiljeva said:

I am having the same issue no idea why but when importing back to Daz i can not choose update an existing object. Even tried exporting new genensis model to Zbrush (lowerst resolution) . Opening in Zbrush ( not editing anything in Zbrush ) and the Pressing GoZ and still i cant press update existing object. What could it be ?

Is it going back to the running instance of DS ot starting a new instance? And you are usign GoZ in both directions, from DS to Zbrush as well as back again?