Poser2014 OpenGL Render

TimingisEverythingTimingisEverything Posts: 112
edited June 2013 in Poser Discussion

Okay I really like how things look in preview with default lights... but when I render with those same lights the textures come out bland and stale(The Bottom Image is the Firefly render and it looks like a preview!)...
I understand you can render the OpenGL preview, but my problem is the polygons dont seem to get smoothed out in higher dimensions and the raytracing is not really there....

So What I ask is, Is there anyway to get Firefly to render like OpenGl preview or improve the OpenGL render???? This may be a dumb question I understand.

FSP_FireFly.png
661 x 634 - 95K
FSP_OpenGL.png
661 x 634 - 105K
Post edited by TimingisEverything on

Comments

• wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited June 2013

An OpenGL render and a firefly render are two different approaches
    To get a better OpenGL render, fo the the render settings menu and click the Preview tab. Here you can set antialias to on, increase the texture size, and change the transparency setting. Make sure you have Enable HW shading set to on.
    In this render preview tab you can not set the dimension as well and directly render in OpenGL
    Also make sure you have set your preview Shadow Map size higher in the light property settings

For a firefly render setting, you have to set the render option correctly in the firefly tab for the render settings. Decrease the Min shading rate to get more accurate settings and make sure your gamma setting is correct

Post edited by wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 on
  • TimingisEverythingTimingisEverything Posts: 112
    edited June 2013

Super Thanks! disabling Gamma Correction in Firefly helps quite a bit on the dim color issue. Wow I knew there was something to it that I wasnt getting.

Post edited by TimingisEverything on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited December 1969

Super Thanks! disabling Gamma Correction in Firefly helps quite a bit on the dim color issue. Wow I knew there was something to it that I wasnt getting.

The problem isn't gamma correction; the problem is the legacy skin shader. Try EZSkin with GC enabled...

http://www.snarlygribbly.org/3d/forum/viewforum.php?f=27

• TimingisEverythingTimingisEverything Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Thanks! will give this EZSKin thingy a go.