Morph loader not working

I tried pro and Itried advanced and it just isnt working. I followed various tutorials but it refuses nto work for v4. Due to my massive V4/M4 library I chose to use the classics. I decided to start with a basic no ear morph as a test before going to the more advanced facial features that I want but stalled at Vicky refusing to accept the new morph. This what it says.

Loading morph a4 No Ears...
No deltas for morph, skipping node.
Created morph successfully.

Why isnt it creating the deltas? do I have it configured wrong or what?

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,225

You need to lead us through this so we see exactly what you're doing.

What did you start with? A V4 at base resolution? How did you export? What settings did you use?

What program did you use to make your morph? Did you stay at base resolution? Didn't remove or add geometry?

How did you export from your program? What settings did you use?

What settings did you use in MLP? Did the scale you used for import match what you used for export?

Show screenshots.

• XadeXade Posts: 236
    edited April 2018

well, I am using Victoria 4, base figure with simplified ears. I exported obj with daz defaults, choosing to work at the default instead of adapting to Blender.

Here it is in Blender, already changed

And here it is on the export. I didnt change anything except selection only so it doesnt do all the layers

This is the MLP settings and no matter what I just cant get it to load right

So, what am I doing wrong?

Post edited by Xade on

can anyone help me out?

Where are you getting these settings from, you're using things I've never touched. The mesh doesn't look like it's at base resolution, but I haven't looked at the V4 mesh in many years. I would think all you need to do is use reverse deformation, set where you want the morph to go and what name it should have.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Victoria 4 is not a Sub-d figure like the Genesis line so base resolution is not an issue on export.  Please post your Blender import settings.

Where are you getting these settings from, you're using things I've never touched. The mesh doesn't look like it's at base resolution, but I haven't looked at the V4 mesh in many years. I would think all you need to do is use reverse deformation, set where you want the morph to go and what name it should have.

Those are the defaults, I never messed with them. I know v4 is old but thats where 75% of my clothes and plugins are

jestmart said:

Victoria 4 is not a Sub-d figure like the Genesis line so base resolution is not an issue on export.  Please post your Blender import settings.

True, I donthave to worry about subD here you are

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,322
    edited April 2018

I think you need to click on "keep vertex order" on both import to and export from Blender. (At least you do for Genesis figures - I imagine V4 should be the same?)

ETA: I don't know whether this will fix your problem but it can't hurt.

Post edited by MelanieL on

no change

MelanieL is correct. With split on, it's splitting out all the parts of the model which will break the vertex order.

edited April 2018

I kept the vertex order, which meant it came in as one object. I then used the sculpt tool to smooth out the ears (as often as I done this i've become a pro at it) and put it back in Daz Moph loader but still no morph. I'm pretty sure the current Genesis models cannot use my textures and clothes. I do have the Gen 1 mophs for the previous versions https://www.daz3d.com/a4-and-h4-for-genesis aiko/hiro3,4, ect. But I only have aiko6, which I got late one night on a flash sale. I need both Aiko and Hiro for my comic. However, for the sake of checking I'll load up the newest genesis starter female and duplicate the process. Did they continue the process of making the genesis like the old characters or what?

Edit

Loading morph Gen 8 no ears...
    Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph.

I tried keep vertex order and split on the gen 8 character and something is wrong somewhere. Somehow Blender is borking up something

Edit 2

I did some changes in hexagon and tried to import it and it worked! WTH? Hexagon is currently terrible when it comes to smoothing but if that's all that works then that's all that works, But of course I get some very weird results...and all I did was smooth the ear a little bit!

Post edited by Xade on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited April 2018

With Victoria 4 (and Michael 4) you need to zero the figure, this removes any posing and scaling.  Genesis generations need to be at base resolution and the Genesis 8s need their eyelash geografts deleted (or load the development versions and export).

Post edited by jestmart on
    edited April 2018

I did zero the figures,I'll try the developmental version of g8. I'm just trying to debug this at this point. it has to be something Blender is doing wrong to v4. I just tried base resolution of Genisis 8 and it worked like a charm. There's something I'm not doing right with v4. Maybe I need to use Genesis 1. I do have the iconic pack. I do have the iconic pack, and the genesis generations is in my wishlist. I'll have to figure out how transfer the maps over if im going to switch all the way to Genesis. https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2 is now on my must have list. What's the price with platinum club?

I left everything at default, changed the resolution to base, exported with daz settings, made sure I had keep vertex order both in and out and it worked. Any ideas?

Post edited by Xade on
  • spiddle_5503d0ddb7spiddle_5503d0ddb7 Posts: 10
    edited June 17
    Having same issues with V4, maybe it's not supported anymore, always worked before
    Post edited by spiddle_5503d0ddb7 on