Deleting saved files from smart content pane.

Can anyone tell me how I remove "saved files", old scenes that I no longer need. I have tried deleting the file itself but a scene icon still appears but with an exclamation sign and yellow border. I want to clean up the "saved files" window but seem unable to find a way??

Forgive my ignorance but I'm relatively new and not at all techy :)

Comments

• Right-click on the file and select Show In>Products, then right-click on that and select Remove Reference.

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

Hi. This works great for removing from Smart content --> Saved files, but my old scenes still exist under Smart Content --> All files, and Smart Content --> Lost and Found. Is there a way of removing them from there as well?

• Sci Fi Funk said:

Hi. This works great for removing from Smart content --> Saved files, but my old scenes still exist under Smart Content --> All files, and Smart Content --> Lost and Found. Is there a way of removing them from there as well?

Right-click>Show in Category, then right-click to remove as with the other approach.

• dose not clear deleted local files

• corrosivevisions said:

dose not clear deleted local files

From where?

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,436

If you want to avoid trying to find saved scene's then create a folder in Documents/DAZ 3D and make a new folder called Saved Scenes, then you always know where they are and can delete them. Once they are deleted from there, they shouldn't show up in Daz at all.

Richard if someone does not create one of these folders themselves, then where are they saved to, technically deleting the files from said folder should solve the problem.

• Deleting files outside DS won't kill any database references.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,431
    edited January 13

corrosivevisions said:

dose not clear deleted local files

1st, a better way of avoiding above issue is deleting DUF files in Content Library (RMB menu - Delete...) rather than external application, e.g. File Browser. Then you won't have DUF files in Lost & Found or with that exclamation icon in thumbnail, etc. But BE CAREFUL that using this way sends no file to Recycle Bin...

2nd, as for your case, those "deleted local files" could be found in: Content Library - Products - L - LOCAL USER. Select LOCAL USE, click in File List, Ctrl + A, RMB click menu - Remove Orphaned References. Then they'll be cleared.

SNAG-2024-1-14-0026.png
    671 x 1395 - 276K
    Post edited by crosswind on