Damsels and Divas for V6 [commercial]

RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,798
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Damsels and Divas poses for V6

http://www.daz3d.com/damsels-and-divas-poses

80 dramatic poses for the Genesis 2 Female and Victoria 6. From innocent damsels to dangerous divas, the set has everything you could want to bring Victoria 6 to life. Full of attitude and intrigue, these girls have personality in abundance.

This pose set contains everything you would need to really bring this new figure to life.
Whether you render pin-ups, or fantasy art, sci-fi or super-heroes there is something in here for everyone!

Includes:
Damsels and Divas - Poses (.DUF and .PZ2)
40 Poses for Genesis
40 Mirror Poses for Genesis

DamsNDiva_POP5.jpg
500 x 650 - 142K
DamsNDiva_POP9.jpg
500 x 650 - 133K
DamsNDiva_Main.jpg
500 x 650 - 177K

Comments

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,798
    edited December 1969

My 2 cents on Genesis 2

I hear alot of comments about how Genesis 2 makes Genesis 1 obsolete and out of date....but thats just not true.
    Genesis 1 was designed to be a truely universal figure. One that could morph from male to female seamlessly. This was a huge and great innovation. It works great for character developers like myself so that we could have male and female versions of our characters quickly and easily with the spin of a dial.

But this universality was not great for all product developers.
    This sexual ambiguity made it tough for clotheing makers, as alot of clothing just simply doesnt work for both male and female, and while some may say "well just develop the clothes for the female version". We all know that if someone did that, then there would immediatly be complaints in the forums that they tried to use this or that outfit for the female, but it looked like crap on their male character, so the outfit is garbage and not worth the money blah blah blah. Yes..this happens.
    You can see how genesis 1 really didnt get that many really cool outfits, like previous generations did.
    So I can see where daz wants to revitalize product development with this new figure.

BUT this doesnt mean Genesis 1 is obsolete. It is still a powerful tool in anyones artistic arsenol. It is still great for the types of characters I do and as such it still has a ton of life in it.
    The release of a new figure does not immediatly make the old obsolete.
    I still see a ton of life in Genesis one. It is far from dead.......it is just the sexually ambiguous sibling to Genesis 2 female (and the upcoming male). They are all part of the same family.

Rawn

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:

But this universality was not great for all product developers.
    This sexual ambiguity made it tough for clotheing makers, as alot of clothing just simply doesnt work for both male and female,

I agree with you there - but doesn't that mean that technically, except for vendors like you, Genesis is simply a failed concept.

The thing is, I would even agree with that. As I've mentioned many times, I never really warmed up to Genesis, for many reasons, but it did seem to me that the only vendor (except smay, maybe) who really, really got a lot out of Genesis and was able to create new and improved products was you.

Genesis is the monster figure and you're the monster creator ;)

RawArt said:
    and while some may say "well just develop the clothes for the female version". We all know that if someone did that, then there would immediatly be complaints in the forums that they tried to use this or that outfit for the female, but it looked like crap on their male character, so the outfit is garbage and not worth the money blah blah blah. Yes..this happens.
    You can see how genesis 1 really didnt get that many really cool outfits, like previous generations did.
    So I can see where daz wants to revitalize product development with this new figure.

With all due respect, do you really believe THAT's the main reason there is so little content for Genesis. Not the fact that it doesn't work natively in Poser?

BUT this doesnt mean Genesis 1 is obsolete. It is still a powerful tool in anyones artistic arsenol. It is still great for the types of characters I do and as such it still has a ton of life in it.
    The release of a new figure does not immediatly make the old obsolete.
    I still see a ton of life in Genesis one. It is far from dead.......it is just the sexually ambiguous sibling to Genesis 2 female (and the upcoming male). They are all part of the same family.

Obsolete, no. But what is gonna happen to the market now? As I said I believe what is keeping the majority of content creators off Genesis is the lack of Poser compatibility. Genesis 2 doesn't change that. So the little content that is currently being created for Genesis will now be spread among 2 figures. Genesis will drag down Genesis 2, Genesis 2 will drag down Genesis. The result could be 2 half-dead figures. In that sense, we should hope that Genesis just dies.

Not to mention that I find the spirit behind many for DAZ' decisions in the current V6 release...disturbing.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Great set, and nice touch giving her some glowing eyes, hehehe

Are these examples the standard V6 shape, or have you injected a wee bit of extra definition into them with morph pack?
    (sorry, not directly about the poses, but curious to know as I'm still deciding about getting V6)

cheers

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

I watched those psoes.. and had a few intersting ideas springing to my mind at ones.... so they ended up in my cart... *laughs evilly* Be afraid Raw, Be very afraid *teasing smile*

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,372
    edited November 2013

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Great set, and nice touch giving her some glowing eyes, hehehe

Are these examples the standard V6 shape, or have you injected a wee bit of extra definition into them with morph pack?
    (sorry, not directly about the poses, but curious to know as I'm still deciding about getting V6)

cheers

Glowing eyes was a mistake when I started rendering them...but I thought it looked cool, so I did it for all of them ;)

I cannot remember if I added any extra definition to the pose renders...I usually do because I like muscles on my girls.

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    I watched those psoes.. and had a few intersting ideas springing to my mind at ones.... so they ended up in my cart... *laughs evilly* Be afraid Raw, Be very afraid *teasing smile*

Look forward to seeing what you come up with

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited June 2013

Here it is.. my first "serious" play with my new toys ^^ From left to tight it is....

* Genesis 2 female - Vianne

with Charm hair, string bikini for V6, string bikini for V6 texture, Damsels and Divas pose

expression morphs: Desire 0.10 - Happy 0.27 - Smile Full Face 0.35 - Surprise 0.12

* Genesis 2 female - Norma

with Nordic hair - string bikini for V6, string bikini for V6 texture - Damsels and Divas pose

expression morphs: Flirting 0.10 - Happy 0.15 - Smile Full Face 0.44

Diffuse skin color strength is lowered to 65% using the Skin tab in surface pane

* Victoria 6 - Bree

with Fashion Hair, string bikini for V6, string bikini for V6 texture, Damsels and Divas pose

expression morphs: Desire 0.10 - Excitement 0.75 - Happy 0.10 - Smile Full Face 0.18 - Surprise 0.015

also used

Posable bonzai

LB's Forget-Me-Not, Indian Grass and Honeysuckle

Cyclorama background

Dimension lights + 1 spotlight

My favourite of these are no doubt the middle girl *smiles*

Trio of girls

Thoughts of the girls, left to right...

girl 1 (left) : ' Oh my.. what a HUNK! Must make myself look sexy so he see me'

girl 2 (middle) : 'Oh.. he has a cute nose.. and really nice eyes'

girl 3 (right) : 'That body... smoldering hot'

trioofgirls.jpg
    900 x 720 - 193K
    Post edited by Carola O on
  • MuzeMuze Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Pretty Awsome!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,568
    edited December 1969

If I don't use Vicky clothes on Michael, he has hardly anything in his closet. Michael clothing is kind of hard to come by. =-)

I still prefer the gender neutral aspect of genesis. I often mix male morphs with my female characters to vary their look.

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Here it is.. my first "serious" play with my new toys ^^ From left to tight it is....

* Genesis 2 female - Vianne

with Charm hair, string bikini for V6, string bikini for V6 texture, Damsels and Divas pose

expression morphs: Desire 0.10 - Happy 0.27 - Smile Full Face 0.35 - Surprise 0.12

* Genesis 2 female - Norma

with Nordic hair - string bikini for V6, string bikini for V6 texture - Damsels and Divas pose

expression morphs: Flirting 0.10 - Happy 0.15 - Smile Full Face 0.44

Diffuse skin color strength is lowered to 65% using the Skin tab in surface pane

* Victoria 6 - Bree

with Fashion Hair, string bikini for V6, string bikini for V6 texture, Damsels and Divas pose

expression morphs: Desire 0.10 - Excitement 0.75 - Happy 0.10 - Smile Full Face 0.18 - Surprise 0.015

also used

Posable bonzai

LB's Forget-Me-Not, Indian Grass and Honeysuckle

Cyclorama background

Dimension lights + 1 spotlight

My favourite of these are no doubt the middle girl *smiles*

Trio of girls

Thoughts of the girls, left to right...

girl 1 (left) : ' Oh my.. what a HUNK! Must make myself look sexy so he see me'

girl 2 (middle) : 'Oh.. he has a cute nose.. and really nice eyes'

girl 3 (right) : 'That body... smoldering hot'

Looks like a fun day at the beach :)

edited December 1969

If I don't use Vicky clothes on Michael, he has hardly anything in his closet. Michael clothing is kind of hard to come by. =-)

I still prefer the gender neutral aspect of genesis. I often mix male morphs with my female characters to vary their look.

I like it too...but different strokes for different folks I guess.
    Gen 1 isnt going anywhere anytime soon.
    (and maybe things can eventually get tweeked for gen2 to have some kind of neutral base between the male and female figure...but that may have to wait till the male shows up)