Category output parameter for UE2 lights

martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
edited December 1969 in Daz Script Developer Discussion

Somebody know if UE2 light has a __category parameter in its output? I think the answer sadly is NO, but I would like to be wrong. I need control excluding and including UE2 lights in a RSL illuminance loop.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,935
    edited December 1969

I've not used the scripted rendering feature at all, but could you not, in a last resort, iterate over the lights looking for shader lights and then checking the shader definition file to identify the lights? Or is that not what the __category parameter is for?

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

I work in shader builder only with renderman shader lenguage, and precisely illuminance loop do the iteration through lights, If you know category name in __category parameter you can use it in illuminance block to allow or restric the use of a light. You need that light has an output parameter like __category = "some_thing", so I need know which "some_thing" is for UE2 without use an script to search it. Due to my lack of knowledge of dazscript I'm unable to use scripts for search a specific type of light.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited June 2013

Hi

There is one __category parameter but I don't know what. And I think you're mistaken, it's not an output but rather an input but you may not be able to control it. Try the default type in your illuminance loop aka specular or diffuse and see if it bring something. Otherwise you'd have to ask Omnifreaker if he used custom categories which is also possible. As the uberenvironnement seems to have no specular I'd try the 'diffuse'. There is also the possibility that the __category parameter exist but is not used (I made a few lights and didn't use it but have the parameter in case of)

Post edited by Takeo.Kensei on