"could not locate file: /c:/users/user/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/d20.jpg"

I'm trying to open a scene that opened just fine last time. I made no changes to my content (that I am aware of). Just changes to poses, morphing, translation... just moving and changing existing objects.

I've installed nothing since last having this scene open.

I've tried searching my drive for this file "d20.jpg" and it does not exist.

Help, please?

Comments

• When you do a File>New or restart Daz Studio the Temp folder is cleared, it is for temporary files.

Had you manually edited a texture that had been created with the Layered Image Editor? If so, and if you saved back to the original location, that would account for the problem. It isn't fixable, the file has been deleted, so if it was something you had edited you'd need to redo the edit and save it to another location.

• Richard, I have not edited any images (not even sure how to do that :). I did open a new scene with a new g8f. i saved my morph, pose and all from my original scene (that has missing files) and applied the original scenes morph and pose to the new, raw/vanilla/plain g8f character.

I saved the file, closed it and it reopened fine.

After that I applied some other changes to the character that I had applied before (but was not sure how to save separately as I did with morphs and poses). One of those changes was teh "brow remover" so I could apply better brows (for my purpose). After applying the changes that this "brow remover" product includes, I again was given this missing file message.

It seems that the brow remover addon is causing the problem. And as you stated, it does modify an image, rigth?

I hope this helps. The missing files are images that cover the facial texture. When I continue loading the new scene (with missing files) the character has a blank/white face.

• Brow Remover users the Layered Image system so it's apparently storing a hard reference to the composite image, not a layered image that can be reconstructed on loading the scene. I'm no sure why it would do this for you when it appeared to be working for others. I do however get the same result in DS 4.10.0.123.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664

There is 2 ways of fixing this,  The 1st way is to make a copy of the Temp Folders contents before closing Studio, Then replacing them back into the Temp Folder before opening the required scene

or you can use LEI Baker which will save time https://www.daz3d.com/lie-baker

• Thanks Platnumk! i like the first suggestion. it will save me some time from what I was diong to wokr around it.

i'll pass on the 2nd one. i dont like the idea of buying another product to fix a broken one, but Im sure it would work as you say.

i think the only thing ive changed in my use is that I am storing my scene file in a custom location; not the default. everything else is out of the box.

i am using DS 4.10.0.123 also. if this can be recreated, how to get word to the creator of the add on?

• Platnumk said:

There is 2 ways of fixing this,  The 1st way is to make a copy of the Temp Folders contents before closing Studio, Then replacing them back into the Temp Folder before opening the required scene

or you can use LEI Baker which will save time https://www.daz3d.com/lie-baker

Or manually do what LIE Baker does, copy the files from the temp folder to a safe location and then use the surfacews pane to tell DS to use that image.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Thanks Platnumk! i like the first suggestion. it will save me some time from what I was diong to wokr around it.

i'll pass on the 2nd one. i dont like the idea of buying another product to fix a broken one, but Im sure it would work as you say.

i think the only thing ive changed in my use is that I am storing my scene file in a custom location; not the default. everything else is out of the box.

i am using DS 4.10.0.123 also. if this can be recreated, how to get word to the creator of the add on?

Doesn't brow remover give you the option to save the no brow version as a materials preset? That's what I recall, anyway.

• ah! that would make sense to keep the new skin. i'll dbl check later.

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

I'd just run into this same problem. Brow Remover used and then when I reopened it I couldn't find the material preset (probably because I'm pretty bad at keeping my files straight). Lo and behold I already had LIE Baker, must have picked it up on a deep sale a while back, and that solved this issue completely.

I don't advise buying it to fix this problem, its probably easier to just follow the instructions in the User Guide for Brow Remover. But if you happen to have the LIE Baker they work together like a charm.

• Heya so I'm in the same problem now... How do you return this? Do I just reinstall daz and it magically solves the missing temp files? Or can I download a daz temp file somewhere and replace what I have now?

• I haven't even closed it and it's not showing up in that location

• helielfilmz said:

I haven't even closed it and it's not showing up in that location

Is your C: drive geting full? What security software are you using?