Look at my Hair: both player and full libraries are installed

I get this warning on startup with DS; obviously I'd prefer the functionality of the full player, but I can't seen to figure out how to get the player uninstalled. 

LAMH startup problem.JPG
1046 x 290 - 45K

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,102

You should only have Look At My Hair full version installed the LAMH Player isn't needed and can be uninstalled. You can't have both installed on the same machine.

• yes but how, exactly, do you uninstall the player.

yes but how, exactly, do you uninstall the player.

Use DIM (DAZ Install Manager), click on Installed and in the search box type LAMH which should bring up a list of installed LAMH products, now click on Uninstall for the player.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

If you don't use DIM, you can go to start menu > daz3d > installed content, there should be an uninstaller for the player in there. Can't help with mac if you use that.

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,336

I've unistalled all LAMH assets, and I still get this message at Daz startup.

Open Studio and go to About Plugins, scroll down to the LAMH Player and uncheck it if it is there and see if that helps.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

I've unistalled all LAMH assets, and I still get this message at Daz startup.

I've given up trying to solve this problem. 

Have you tried going to the LAMH directory and deleting the the lamhplayer .dll?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364
    Fishtales said:

Have you tried going to the LAMH directory and deleting the the lamhplayer .dll?

yes

• AngelixDAAngelixDA Posts: 10
    edited January 2020

Both uninstalling it from DIM and unclicking it from the About Plugins box does not appear to have solved the issue.  And deactivating both the player and the plugin still produces the message.  There needs to be a solution for this - long overdue.  Probably deserves a refund...

Post edited by AngelixDA on

It is possible it is being downloaded and installed again when you install new content. If you use DIM to uninstall it will appear again for downloading. Right click on it and hide it and that will stop an accidental reinstall.

If you open windows explorer and go to the Studio program folder and look under Plugins you will see two LAMH .dll's, delete the player one. Close and restart Studio.

• edited January 2021

Never mind- fixed it through explorer. DIM does not work for this at all.

Post edited by stmercy2020_9aea6b9c04 on
  • stmercy2020_9aea6b9c04 said:

Never mind- fixed it through explorer. DIM does not work for this at all.

Just had to do the same thing (manually delete the DLL. Hope this gets eventually fixed.