having issues

installed gen 8 and started getting duplicate formulas.  uninstalled all of it and reinstalled, now when I load a gen 8 character i get the following missing file.

volumes/di2/online store/dtg/blissg8/blissdoll.duf

Comments

• That's an odd looking path - are you sure it is complete? It's also a user file (.duf) rather than an asset file (.dsf).

• This is the listed missing file.on a fresh install.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,588
    edited February 2018

It seems to be DTG Studios' Bliss for G8F by DTHUREGRIF from Renderosity

Issue similar to

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/200276/victoria-8-victoria-8-hd-et-al-load-error-message

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • I'm having that issue but I'm still getting the duplicated error when I uninstalled the file 

• I'm having that issue but I'm still getting the duplicated error when I uninstalled the file 

Since it's presumably a manual isntall, unless it was set up with Content Package Assistant, are you sure you removed the files from the Data folder - those would be the ones triggering the error, not the user facing files in the People folder.

• BackDoor3DBackDoor3D Posts: 160

Hi,

I am having exactly the same issues with: volumes/di2/online store/dtg/blissg8/blissdoll.duf, with the net result being Genesis 8 Basic Female is now unuesable. I did not purchase or install "DTG Studios' Bliss for G8F by DTHUREGRIF", so I don't know why this issue should happen now. I have been happily using G8F for a while without problems.

In an attempt to rectify the issue I purchased "Bliss for G8F" from Renderosity and manually installed the files. On investigation the problematic "BlissDoll.duf" file is nowhere to be found. Not in the Characters folder under the Bliss folder or in the "data" folder under DTG or DTG Studios. There are a few Morph files but not that particular file.

So, now I at a loss as to how fix the issue. I am goimg to contact the Vendor via Renderosity and ask for assistance.

If anyone has a fix or any other ideas, please let me know.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

There seem to be a couple of figures from other sources/shops that produce this or similar problems: calling for a file supposed to be needed for a certain figure, even though that figure never has been bought, and at the same time making a normal DAZ figure unusable.

I think I had found the reason for this, but my posts in a different thread got moderated, as the mods seemed to see my description of the bug as something bad....

So this time, I try to be as politcally correct as possible:

If you see the message given in post one without having bought that figure (here: Bliss), you probably have bought or downloaded a different figure, that uses a mechanic from that figure (here: Bliss) for something special. Could be a morph or anything... So the file that is called for can not be found on your HD, as it was only used when building the figure and not including it in the new figure.

For me it was a freebie I got from GC - with a "built in" age morph - that made my G3F unusable. The reason was, that the creator of said figure had used the "age morph" mechanic from a DAZ product (where it worked properly...) and just didn't rename the call for said mechanic in his files.

A possible candidate for this could (!) be DTG Studios Candy for G8F at Rendo, as - when looking into the readme for the figure - the PA uses about the same naming structure for both figure's irises (BlissDollIris_INJ.duf/BlissDollIris_REM.duf and CandyDollIris_INJ.duf/CandyDollIris_REM.duf) and he might just have made a mistake in one of those files by using a wrong path/filename.

Possible solution:

If you recently bought that figure (Candy by DTG) load each of the .duf files above into your favourite text program and search for the file that seems to be missing (here: blissdoll.duf) which will give you the line above (volumes/di2/online store/dtg/blissg8/blissdoll.duf) that probably has to be changed (path and/or filename).

Of course it could be a different character made by someone else, bought elsewhere or even downloaded as a freebie. So everyone having this problem who NOT has bought Candy should check any of these recently bought/downloaded characters. Which might be a bit complicated, as it would mean checking quite a few files.

edited March 2018

When you uninstalled Daz Studio, did you rename (or remove) these folders :

• "My DAZ 3D Library" folder in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\" (Products installed by DIM or Daz Connect)
    • "DAZ 3D" in  your "Documents" folder (your saved scenes, presets and products manually installed)

It's possible some corrupted files are still stored in these folders.

There seem to be a couple of figures from other sources/shops that produce this or similar problems: calling for a file supposed to be needed for a certain figure, even though that figure never has been bought, and at the same time making a normal DAZ figure unusable.

I think I had found the reason for this, but my posts in a different thread got moderated, as the mods seemed to see my description of the bug as something bad....

So this time, I try to be as politcally correct as possible:

If you see the message given in post one without having bought that figure (here: Bliss), you probably have bought or downloaded a different figure, that uses a mechanic from that figure (here: Bliss) for something special. Could be a morph or anything... So the file that is called for can not be found on your HD, as it was only used when building the figure and not including it in the new figure.

For me it was a freebie I got from GC - with a "built in" age morph - that made my G3F unusable. The reason was, that the creator of said figure had used the "age morph" mechanic from a DAZ product (where it worked properly...) and just didn't rename the call for said mechanic in his files.

A possible candidate for this could (!) be DTG Studios Candy for G8F at Rendo, as - when looking into the readme for the figure - the PA uses about the same naming structure for both figure's irises (BlissDollIris_INJ.duf/BlissDollIris_REM.duf and CandyDollIris_INJ.duf/CandyDollIris_REM.duf) and he might just have made a mistake in one of those files by using a wrong path/filename.

Possible solution:

If you recently bought that figure (Candy by DTG) load each of the .duf files above into your favourite text program and search for the file that seems to be missing (here: blissdoll.duf) which will give you the line above (volumes/di2/online store/dtg/blissg8/blissdoll.duf) that probably has to be changed (path and/or filename).

Of course it could be a different character made by someone else, bought elsewhere or even downloaded as a freebie. So everyone having this problem who NOT has bought Candy should check any of these recently bought/downloaded characters. Which might be a bit complicated, as it would mean checking quite a few files.

Wow. This is the best description of the issue to-date, and how to (possibly) fix the issue I have come across. Thank you " maikdecker"! 

I will try your solution today, and report back.....lol

I seem to have found the culprit files. Both are in the "My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DTG Studios/Bliss"

They are: Bliss.dsf and BlissNailsLong.dsf

Problem I now have is what to I repath or rename to.

BlissDoll_Error.PNG
    1652 x 1459 - 174K
    edited March 2018

Well, I seem to have rectified the problem. Uninstalled all of DTG Bliss, that removed the annoying "volumes/di2/online store/dtg/blissg8/blissdoll.duf" cannot be found.

However, Gen 8 was still not working. Figure was emaciated, elongated and just rubbish.

So, I took the bold step and uninstalled all Genesis 8 content. Deleted all content relevant to G8 in the "data" folder. Pretty much all Genesis 8 related content. Then reinstalled all G8 content via DAZ Install Manager (IM....files only) now it all works again.

So, now I have to look at all the other "paid for/purchased" content I have from other content providers (other sites I will not mention here) as a manual install and figure out whether or not reinstall them. Dunno yet, let you know.........

Took me all day, not a very happy camper!

Content providers and Vendors should really perform a sanity check, before releasing their product(s). I don't pay good money for this sort of thing or situation to happen!!!

Not all content is provided in the DIM format, by all vendors with the exception of content available for purchase from DAZ3D. Other sites Vendors are a bit hit and miss.....not a discussion for this post......

Cheers all.

Post edited by BackDoor3D on
    edited March 2018

@stiks1954

You should not install the non-Daz3D Shop content in "My DAZ 3D Library" (All users' Documents folder) because it may corrupt the Daz3D Shop content,
    you should use "DAZ 3D\My library" (Current user's Documents folder) where your scenes and presets are stored.

• DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DTG Studios/Bliss (borrar)

E:\DAZ 3D\Content\data\DAZ 3D\genesis 8\female\morphs borrar la carpeta TMLI

y el problema se soluciona

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967
    NoahLGP said:

@stiks1954

You should not install the non-Daz3D Shop content in "My DAZ 3D Library" (All users' Documents folder) because it may corrupt the Daz3D Shop content,
    you should use "DAZ 3D\My library" (Current user's Documents folder) where your scenes and presets are stored.

Just as I do, and yet I have still had this happen!

• Here's the proper fix with the BlissDoll.duf being called up

Inside /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DTG Studios/Bliss you see the two files : Bliss.dsf and BlissNailsLong.dsf

Open these two files in your favorite text editor and change the lame path the files are calling up : (/di2/online store/dtg/blissg8/blissdoll.duf) to this below

For (BlissNailsLong.dsf) replace the lame improper path being called up with this ("parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female")

For (Bliss.dsf) replace the lame improper path being called up with this ("/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female")

do not inclued the ( ) I just enclosed the text making it significant so you know what too use and replace. Select the  (Green Text) and replace the (Red Text Error) shown above. I'm so glad I understand this stuff after using Daz 3D files. Poser, and Zygot since day one of these great companies. Man I remember when poser was called Humanoid a simple human form creation program for Windows 3.1 way back in the dinosaur days. It would make a simple posed human form exported as a DXF so one could import it into AutoCAD giving a scale representation showing what a human would look like in scale used in Architecture AutoCAD Scenes. I met the creator of Humanoid way back in 92 when I was getting ready too put my IPAS Plug-Ins on the market for 3D Studio DOS as SDP's SXP's and, so forth distributed through Schrieber Instruments. Well there's my history of 28 years in 3D

I hope this helped everyone wink

• loxyfo3loxyfo3 Posts: 2

Here's the proper fix with the BlissDoll.duf being called up

Inside /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DTG Studios/Bliss you see the two files : Bliss.dsf and BlissNailsLong.dsf

Open these two files in your favorite text editor and change the lame path the files are calling up : (/di2/online store/dtg/blissg8/blissdoll.duf) to this below

For (BlissNailsLong.dsf) replace the lame improper path being called up with this ("parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female")

For (Bliss.dsf) replace the lame improper path being called up with this ("/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female")

do not inclued the ( ) I just enclosed the text making it significant so you know what too use and replace. Select the  (Green Text) and replace the (Red Text Error) shown above. I'm so glad I understand this stuff after using Daz 3D files. Poser, and Zygot since day one of these great companies. Man I remember when poser was called Humanoid a simple human form creation program for Windows 3.1 way back in the dinosaur days. It would make a simple posed human form exported as a DXF so one could import it into AutoCAD giving a scale representation showing what a human would look like in scale used in Architecture AutoCAD Scenes. I met the creator of Humanoid way back in 92 when I was getting ready too put my IPAS Plug-Ins on the market for 3D Studio DOS as SDP's SXP's and, so forth distributed through Schrieber Instruments. Well there's my history of 28 years in 3D

Thanks. This worked perfect.

• MyLaMyLa Posts: 8
    edited March 2018

Here's the proper fix with the BlissDoll.duf being called up

Thank you so much! :) Fixed files in the attach if anybody needs.

zip
    zip
    content.zip
    Post edited by MyLa on
  • Thanks it works

• Thank you so much !

• hello i need help for headshop 13 not showing in daz Edit what to do there is no link between daz and headshop 13

headshop bug.jpg
    1274 x 640 - 160K
  • Have you entered the serial number, from https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers I think, in Help>About Installed Plug-ins and restarted DS?

• You may have multiple installs of DAZ Studio. Please make sure that you install HeadShop to the working copy of DAZ Studio.

For better explanation see TroubleShooting in manual, Chapter 4: https://printahead.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/HS13-Manual.pdf

We can also do a skype/screen share sessions that usually fixes these issues. You can invite me on skype at lasloves.

• Have you entered the serial number, from https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers I think, in Help>About Installed Plug-ins and restarted DS?

yes i have enter serial number on the HS13full.exe not on daz because in daz not showing me headshop Pluging in help>About Installed Pluging

• You may have multiple installs of DAZ Studio. Please make sure that you install HeadShop to the working copy of DAZ Studio.

For better explanation see TroubleShooting in manual, Chapter 4: https://printahead.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/HS13-Manual.pdf

We can also do a skype/screen share sessions that usually fixes these issues. You can invite me on skype at lasloves.

i did what the TroubleShooting in manual sayed but still nothing

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 893
    edited October 2020

You may have multiple installs of DAZ Studio. Please make sure that you install HeadShop to the working copy of DAZ Studio.

i did what the TroubleShooting in manual sayed but still nothing

Please lets have a skype - it solves issues 98% of the time. Invite me as lasloves. I am on California time. Don't worry about English proficiency, I do the talking:-)

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
  • blutobluto Posts: 837

i am having the same issues 

• I have a product called 1971 AM Muscle Car from Daz store that is installed but no does not show up in product library or smart content with version 4.14.0.10, with or without filter by context... I have used this product in older versions of studio. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but still nothing. I'm also finding many products are now stuck in Lost and Found.

Anyone else had an issue like this?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871
    edited December 2020

gcannon said:

I have a product called 1971 AM Muscle Car from Daz store that is installed but no does not show up in product library or smart content with version 4.14.0.10, with or without filter by context... I have used this product in older versions of studio. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but still nothing. I'm also finding many products are now stuck in Lost and Found.

Anyone else had an issue like this?

The "Lost and Found" issue is because whatever product that is has incorrect metadata and Studio doesn't know what to do with it. Daz would need to correct that.

The muscle car is made for Poser and should appear in your Poser runtime somewhere. (The product library shows every possible compatible program EXCEPT Poser. The product library lies.) Unfortunately, since it's too old to even have a readme, it's probably too old to have Smart Content metadata. According to the zip file, the default Poser runtime location is

\Runtime\libraries\character\AdR Speedworks,

with materials at

\Runtime\libraries\pose\71 Hemicuda CV MAT and

\Runtime\libraries\pose\71 Hemicuda HT MAT

Post edited by vwrangler on