Bryce Transparency & Animated Texture...BUG?...

silbersulfursilbersulfur Posts: 9
edited January 2018 in Bryce Discussion

Hello Cool People...

I was getting readjusted to Bryce again.... Enjoying the funky but unique texture editor (and some DTE). And trying to repurpose my copy of Bryce. Came across some Groboto animations on youtube...OK IDEA!

I'd like to do some abstract geometric animations in Bryce on a TRANSPARENT background in order to ultimately making a screenmate to combine with my own musical creations. But, after messing around I don't see it as a possibility. Tried turning EVRYTHING off in the Skylab & I just get a black background. Would much rather have a white BG to change to transparent in another program. Any input welcome on this.

I also would like to animate textures & such but I remember reading -somewhere- that Bryce 7 animated textures are SCREWED UP? What like crashy? unrenderable?

Just want everything worked out before I start...As to not waste time on a dead-end project.......THANX!

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,529

For a white backdrop, just set sky to Atmosphere Off (main GUI, select Sky & Fog, left most icon click on down arrow, last in list). Hold down Alt key and left-click on the colour bar below the leftmost icon. This brings up the colour selector, set R/G/B to 255/255/255. That's it.

• silbersulfursilbersulfur Posts: 9
    edited January 2018

OK...Thanks Horo. I figured the way I was going about it was quite wrong. I guess I'll try a very short nonsense animation & run it through the 'pipeline' just to see how it all works. Gonna try a freebie called 'Simple Alphachanneler' by Reiner to remove the white BG from all images in one stroke.

It is right here  http://www.reinerstilesets.de/programme/simple-alphachanneler/

If anybody else is interested. Check the other apps out too as he has color replacer, helppicture & others.

As to the Alphachanneler I think it works by making whatever the first color pixel in the upper left of all the images transparent so the only thing to watch is that there is not perfect white in the image areas you wanna keep. We shall see...

Thanks again Horo..........

Post edited by Chohole on