Multiple Item Selection

Hey there, 

I migrated to a new PC, reinstalled Daz, and migrated just about everything over... however I seem to have lost the ability to select multiple child objects (of a rope, chain, or even feet/toes, for example) to set their parameters the same. I can't remember what setting enables that. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• How are you selecting? ctrl-click (cmd-click on a Mac) should add/remove elements. If you are finding you can't select bones at all but only figures check the selection setting in the Tool Settings pane.

• How are you selecting? ctrl-click (cmd-click on a Mac) should add/remove elements. If you are finding you can't select bones at all but only figures check the selection setting in the Tool Settings pane.

I use both Ctrl+click and Shift+click but when I go to the parameters to change something ("bend", for example), only the first item selected is affected. 

• You have to select them all in the Scene pane first, then select them all again in the Parameters pane. Then just type a given parameter in the search box (bend in this case) and it should only show the bend parameters, rather than having to scroll through.

I use both Ctrl+click and Shift+click but when I go to the parameters to change something ("bend", for example), only the first item selected is affected. 

In the Parameters pane option menu (the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab) you need Consolidate Proeprties checked and Display Separate Items unchecked.

• I encounter this new "feature" constanly after "upgrading" to Daz 4.12. In the older version, selecting multiple items in the scene  would expectedly also select them in the parameters pane. It's a pain, needing to reselect what you've already selected. It is made even more difficult because the single item that it randomly decides to select, is expanded in parameters, while the others are not. You have to call this what it is, an annoying bug.

I've encountered several other "downgrades" in the new version. One of which is that the .duf scene file no longer remembers the layout correctly. Each time you load, you must reselect a layout.

• I encounter this new "feature" constanly after "upgrading" to Daz 4.12. In the older version, selecting multiple items in the scene  would expectedly also select them in the parameters pane. It's a pain, needing to reselect what you've already selected. It is made even more difficult because the single item that it randomly decides to select, is expanded in parameters, while the others are not. You have to call this what it is, an annoying bug.

Have you made the setting listed in my post immediately above yours? If so it will work as before.

I've encountered several other "downgrades" in the new version. One of which is that the .duf scene file no longer remembers the layout correctly. Each time you load, you must reselect a layout.

Scenes do not save the UI layout, and never have that I can recall. If DS is frgetting the UI layout between sessions that suggests either that it isn't shuttin down cleanly or that soemthing is interferring with the saving of or saved customisation files. Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File, find the last Starting line and see if there is an Exited line above it - if not, if it cuts off in the middle of its activities, then for some reason DS is not closing cleanly; if there is a proper exit line then it may be that security settings/software or soem other low-level OS tool are causing a problem with the fiels or reverting them to older versions.