Error During Rendering!

So I have tried to render 10 times in NVIDIA and 3Delight, but I kee getting this message that says "Error during rendering!"  I do not know what to do.

Comments

• What does it say in your log file?

• borgking001aborgking001a Posts: 48
    edited December 2017

This is what the log says, Could not find property for animation: name://@selection/lSmallToe1:?scale/z/value 

Post edited by borgking001a on
  •  

• Have you restarted DS, or even the whole system?

• Yes, several times and still the same thing.

• Is this in any scene, or using a specific scene? Have you tried just creating a primitive sphere in an empty scene and rendering that?

• I fix the problem........sort of,  I recreated my image with the same materials, and the rendering seemed to work, don't know why the other one screwed up on me.

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,100

A couple of weeks ago I had the same problem when it comes to a Fifties dress for Genesis 8 Female on a Genesis 3 Female figure.  The problem was resolved after I changed a certain setting from Loop to Catmark and as a standalone figure.  But this time, I am having the same problem with the same figure wearing the same dress in a classroom with 15 other students, all Genesis 3 Female and Male.

I am wondering if saving the Genesis 3 Female figure with the dress in question fitted onto such figure as a Scene Subset is possibly the problem for the "Error during rendering!" message this time?  Or is it because there are too many objects in the image?  Or is it because of having the figure in a pose mode while wearing the dress?

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,100

I also noticed in recent days, my computer may be running slower these days.  I can even hear a whirring sound every time I am on my computer.  The most recent occurrence that I tried to open DAZ Studio, it took a longer time for the program to load.  Could this problem be due to my computer running slow, possibly a case where I may need to clean the fan and/or hard drive?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,413
    JonSea31 said:

A couple of weeks ago I had the same problem when it comes to a Fifties dress for Genesis 8 Female on a Genesis 3 Female figure.  The problem was resolved after I changed a certain setting from Loop to Catmark and as a standalone figure.  But this time, I am having the same problem with the same figure wearing the same dress in a classroom with 15 other students, all Genesis 3 Female and Male.

I am wondering if saving the Genesis 3 Female figure with the dress in question fitted onto such figure as a Scene Subset is possibly the problem for the "Error during rendering!" message this time?  Or is it because there are too many objects in the image?  Or is it because of having the figure in a pose mode while wearing the dress?

have you chnaged the SubD Algorithm on the dress(es)?

• davidtriunedavidtriune Posts: 452

I had this problem for a while until I realized I turned off the Paging File in my system (control panel -> system ->advanced system settings -> performance settings ->advanced -> virtual memory). When I turned it back on, I never had this error again. 

The Paging File is where the system uses your hard drive as extra RAM. I think my system ran out of RAM when it was trying to render something, and didn't use the hard drive for more memory because the paging file was turned off. 

Hope this helps someone out there

• WayneXWayneX Posts: 49
    edited December 2020

davidtriune said:

I had this problem for a while until I realized I turned off the Paging File in my system (control panel -> system ->advanced system settings -> performance settings ->advanced -> virtual memory). When I turned it back on, I never had this error again. 

The Paging File is where the system uses your hard drive as extra RAM. I think my system ran out of RAM when it was trying to render something, and didn't use the hard drive for more memory because the paging file was turned off. 

Hope this helps someone out there

Holy crap! You rock dude! That's exactly my problem, and I almost forgot I did this recently! Thank you so much for explaining this!
    Post edited by WayneX on
  • neverstoplearningneverstoplearning Posts: 69
    edited February 2021

As a 40+ year veteran software developer, I would suggest there is possibly an obscure memory leak in Daz Studio if you have to change system settings such as the above.

However, I have also had the above problem and have a scene subset that reproduces it. It has a single Genesis 8 Female character.

When I attempt to render it, I get "Error during rendering!" If I then try again to render it, I get "Unable to Render. Renderer is already in use." If i close Daz Studio and restart it, and reload the same file, I get the same behavior.

I can provide the .duf file if it would be useful. I will not attach it to this post because it is approximately R-rated.

Below is a list of the products it uses:

• SASE Pamela G8F
    • G8F Body Morphs
    • Annabelle Hair G8F
    • Daisy Heels G8F
    • One Piece Thong G8F (Renderosity)
    • An octagonal pedestal prop I found as a freebie and modified slightly and made bright glossy plastic red.

I also have lights in the scene called "Photometric Spot Light" but I can't remember where these came from. I have them in a preset I created about two years ago. My lighting skills are close to zero, and these work, so I almost always use them.

EDIT - EDIT - EDIT: After reproducing exactly the above problem four times in a row, it decided to render correctly. I will try it again a few times.

Post edited by neverstoplearning on