27th Daz3D Bryce Render challenge Theme is ~~SPACE~~

Comments

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

Thanks horo...Actually the title is the first line from the Beatles' "Within You and Without You"... you hit it on the nail... Thanks for noticing.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 2017

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Got a couple of favorites from all the excellent entries.

My third entry.

Extinction Level Event.

Extinction Level Event..jpg
    1298 x 900 - 629K
    Post edited by StuartB on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

mtnmen : thank you. Great idea, excellent render. Well done !

• @ mtnmen: Thank you. 

We Were Talking...About The Space Between Us All is a real cool idea and a great Image.

@ StuartB: Unfortunately, I can not see your third entry.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Stuart,  we need an attachment

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Stuart,  we need an attachment

Sorry about that.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,280

StuartB - not exactly what I wish to happen any time soon. Great render.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,166

Drachenlords - thanks

Mtnmen - thanks, awesome render. cool idea.

StuartB - great idea, beautiful render.

StuartB : nice render, brilliant idea.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 2017

Here's my entry:  room with a view.

room with a view.jpg
    1608 x 1005 - 1M
    Post edited by sriesch on

sriesch : What a nice view ! 

sriesch - quite a sight, great scene.

• @ StuartB: Great Render, but I do not want to experience that.

@Sriesch: Fantstic sight, wonderfull work.

• ApocApoc Posts: 407

These are all cool. Im sad I didnt have the time to enter. I cant wait for the judging process. Interested to see which one of these amazing artworks will win.
    Side comment:
    I am surprised no one has made an joke entry, where the guy/girl hands there spouse a divorce paper and says "I thought you said you wanted space", while the other person face palms lol

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Plenty of time left.  Judging won't be till halfway through January at least.

• ApocApoc Posts: 407

Cool, I might sneak something in then

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    Apoc said:

These are all cool. Im sad I didnt have the time to enter. I cant wait for the judging process. Interested to see which one of these amazing artworks will win.
    Side comment:
    I am surprised no one has made an joke entry, where the guy/girl hands there spouse a divorce paper and says "I thought you said you wanted space", while the other person face palms lol

I must admit, I was thinking about something slightly similar (with a guy/girl and space between them) for a third entry. Might try to get it done still.

edited December 2017

Adbc: Illusion of space: Great scene and cool render.

S Ray: Oh my, wonderful render. Lots of drama and great use of the light Milky way behind her.

Stuart B: Search For New Worlds: That space looks dangerously active to me. Extinction Level Event: Now that is also extremely dangerous. Luckily, the stone will burn up in the atmosphere (I hope)!

Drachenlords: Missing link in Space: Very creative and very well made. I like the fact that you included background items to create the illusion of a whole room.

Ed3D: better with texture. Try some more ‘spacy’ sky as the next step, maybe.

Horo: Many Spaces (the ladybird can tell): Highly original and very well made. Though I have my doubts about the stuff that is coming from that pipe. I don’t think plants will grow well on it, because it looks somewhat like PUR foam to me.

Mermaid010: New Frontier: Very nice vessels; nice reflection of the HDRI.

Mtnmen: "We Were Talking...About The Space Between Us All" Very original! And outstanding contrasts.

Sriesch: room with a view: Fantastic render and great view. I’m afraid it will be ‘A view to a kill’, though.

I was talking about my third entry, so I will have to enter my second one first.

Planets, cycling path and spacesuit of the cyclist are made in Hexagon. The cyclist/cycle is a freebie from somewhere. The Arch is made in Structure Synth and the waving robot is Andy (from Poser, posed in DAZ Studio). I used some suggestions for space scenes from David Brinnen tutorials. Materials all procedural from Bryce, except the cycle (came with the freebie).

Title: Trying out the new cycling path

skycycling3.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 631K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • WOW.... amazing Artworks here, really beautiful, big compliment to you all smiley

Hansmar : great modeling, original idea, very well done. The cyclist is very small and a bit in the dark though.

Hansmar - thank you. I like your cyclist and the guy waiting for it, this is a super cool idea.

• @ Hansmar: Thank you. Trying out the new cycling path is a very cool idea. That is real a Space Walk.

edited January 2018

adbc, Horo, drachenlords: thanks. I agree with adbc, that the cyclist and robot-guy are a bit dark. I added some lights to make the guys more visible. New version, what do you think, slightly better?

skycycling3b.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 632K

Hansmar : since they are at a big distance it's normal that they are small, the added light makes them visible. Nice work.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,166

Sriesch - great view from the room. magnificent render.

Hansmar - thanks, love your cycling render. unique idea, the second one is much better.

edited January 2018

My last entry : The doll's house, a small space for a giant doll.

##Small space for a giant doll2.jpg
    980 x 490 - 178K
    Post edited by adbc on

Hansmar - yes, better.

adbc - sweet idea and very well done, great pose, too.

Horo : thank you.

edited January 2018

adbc: Thanks. You're doll's hous is a very nice work.

Horo: Thanks for the confirmation.

I made my third entry: "Trying to cover the space between us"

I used two Genesis (2) people with some free clothing (given a new texture in Bryce, just like the hairdo's). The Gazebo is 'DD-heart Gazebo'. The bench is a free lovebench, there is a street lamp and I used several of my trees and bushes that I made in NgPlant. The grass came with Rashad's lighting examples and I used part of his light-system as well. I modified the colours and strenghts of the lights and used a more default sky (but modified as well). The moon is a 2D face with a Nasa picture of the moon. Roses and smart-phone are freebies too

I did not per se go for a very realistic light-system, but tried to get the atmosphere I wanted.

magnolias4a.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
  • mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

Thanks for all the great comments
    @stuartb... ELE very cool ... scary... timely with all those asteroids flying so close lately...
    @sriesch... Room with a view...  and what a great view that is... nice
    @hansmar...Trying out the new cycling path..  Yes the second one is so much better with just that little bit of added light... Very cool concept and image... Trying to cover the space between us...nice atmosphere...
    @adbc...The Doll's House...love the depth

here is my 3rd entry
    Stitching The Fabric Of Space

stitching the fabric of space jpeg.jpg
    960 x 720 - 213K