That Green/Red/Blue Cross Position Marker is a Group

xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,868

I would like to make a screendraw without visibility of the green/red centrepoint cross and the other green line in front of it on the floor. Can someone give me a flowchart of removing/restoring its/their visibility? Thanks

Post edited by xyer0 on

Comments

• Groups and nulls need markers, otherwise there's be nothing to seelct by, but you can get rid of tool gizmos either by deselecting  or by switching to the Node selection tool or a non-node tool (such as Spot Render).

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,868

Groups and nulls need markers, otherwise there's be nothing to seelct by, but you can get rid of tool gizmos either by deselecting  or by switching to the Node selection tool or a non-node tool (such as Spot Render).

Thanks, Richard, but I'm not talking about a tool marker ( I actually have the Node Selection tool selected now), but, rather, at the centre of the scene on the floor/ground, there is a  green vertical / red horizontal cross that marks 0, I suppose. There are also two green vertical lines a short distance in front. Those are the ones I'd like to know how to turn on/off the visibility. Pardon my English.

I see that there is also a blue depth line with the green and red, but I didn't see that before.

These persist regardless of which tool I select.

• Are they groups?

edited November 2017

I'll see if I can delete the groups and remove them. I just closed D|S. I thought it was something that D|S placed there so we would have a zero position reference, but when I grouped the content and raised them, the markers moved with the content; so, it might be groups. Let me see what undoing groups will do. My Daz computer is not connected to the internet, or I would supply a screenshot.

Post edited by xyer0 on

Yes! They were groups. So, how does one turn off the visibility of a group marker without turning off the visibility of its components?

Thanks again, Richard, for solving my quandaries.

• xyer0 said:

Yes! They were groups. So, how does one turn off the visibility of a group marker without turning off the visibility of its components?

As far as I know you can't - the idea being that there needs to be somethign visible in the viewport, and since the group has no geometry itself the crosshair is it. You could make a feature request (perhaps add an entry for groups to the Show sub-menu in the Scene pane's option menu).

xyer0 said:

As far as I know you can't - the idea being that there needs to be somethign visible in the viewport, and since the group has no geometry itself the crosshair is it. You could make a feature request (perhaps add an entry for groups to the Show sub-menu in the Scene pane's option menu).

No matter. I will just delete the group if I need to make an unmarred screendraw. Thanks again, mate!

• Did anyone ever figure out h how to turn off visibility for these matters? They're showing in my render, not just the viewport. I also don't know how to "create a group" and haven't done so to my knowledge. I simply added the figured to the scene, arranged, clothed, posed and rendered. They've never shown up in any other render, and I've created quite a few.
  • Did anyone ever figure out h how to turn off visibility for these matters? They're showing in my render, not just the viewport. I also don't know how to "create a group" and haven't done so to my knowledge. I simply added the figured to the scene, arranged, clothed, posed and rendered. They've never shown up in any other render, and I've created quite a few.

What render mode are you uisng?