Opening a Character's dsf file in Daz3d

I've been trying to open a character in daz the character is a single dsf file, and every time I open it, I'm alert with the file does not exist? Could somebody please tell me how I can use this character?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,875

Normally there is a duf file "Actor" thumbnail that you would double click to load the character. You would not attempt to load the dsf file directly. We can give more specific advice if we know what character it is, where you got it, and how you installed it.

• Unless it's an old (post 4.0, pre 4.5) file a .dsf file would be an asset file (from somewhere in the data folder), not a user-facing file intended to be opened directly.

• The character is Rabeca R3.09 and I got the file off of Share.CG. The file was downloaded right off the website and was built for 4.9.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Okay, to install it you want to drill down to this folder in the zip:

\Content\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\

Merge that Data folder with the Data folder in your content folder (e.g. My Library).  When you load Genesis 3 Female it will show up in the Parameters or Shaping pane.  There is no user-facing file to load it.

• Are you talking about My Library that I access from my document folder correct?

Yes, that's correct.

• I didn't see a folder called Data in My library, just folders like runtime, morph, presets, people, etc.

How do you normally install items?  DIM by default installs to "My DAZ 3D Library", but anything you save from inside DS by default goes to "My Library", so it's possible that there's nothing with Data there.

• okay, would I got to My DAZ3D Library then since I don't default my purchases there?

You can, some people like to only use My Daz 3D Library for DIM, but both will work.

• Thank you very much for the support I got the file to work

• barbult said:

Normally there is a duf file "Actor" thumbnail that you would double click to load the character. You would not attempt to load the dsf file directly. We can give more specific advice if we know what character it is, where you got it, and how you installed it.

Hi! im trrying to export this dsf format file of the 3d model into dbz file format so that i can import it to blender. But in order to do that, i need to import that dsf file model into  DAZ studio, and i cannot as DAZ does not have dsf file format in their importing file format list. PLS HELP

• voltron1950 said:

barbult said:

Hi! im trrying to export this dsf format file of the 3d model into dbz file format so that i can import it to blender. But in order to do that, i need to import that dsf file model into  DAZ studio, and i cannot as DAZ does not have dsf file format in their importing file format list. PLS HELP

.dsf should load as .duf, it doesn't need importing. However, in recent items (post DS 4.5) the .dsf files are asset files thata re called by the .duf files, not user-facing content files, so it is possible that the item you want to load is not intended for loading in its own right. What file is it?