Genesis 8 eye color, how to render, poses

For Genesis 3 female the base model came with different eye color materials (labeled Jeane)

I do not see this for Genesis 8, how do you change the eye color in the default model?

There are eye colors for Elizabeth, Victoria 8, but not the base model?

For Genesis 3 the base model produced nice Iray renders without having to do any lighting or render affects (just with default head lamp),

Genesis 8 is dark/pale/fadded with the default render settings. What is the easiest way to render Genesis 8?

I tried changing the Iray render settings to use Exposer = 13.1, F/stop = 7, File ISO = 140 and this improved the color, but it this the best way?

Conversely Victoria 8 now seems to render nicely with defaults, where as Victoria 7 was dark.

Also if I apply a Genesis 3 pose to Genesis 8 the arms go crazy (bent at odd angles behind their back), and ideas how to fix?

Comments

• There aren't any alternative eyes in the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials, so yes you would need to use colours from another set (or make your own, of course).

The poses don't work directly as the zero pose is different - a T with arms out horizontally for Genesis 3, an A with the arms angled down for Genesis 8. When the base pose is diffrent prsets, which are just numbrs to rotate away from the zero pose, will produce different results. There are a couple of store products that will convert poses, though i haven't tried them.

• Is there a template somewhere for Gen8 eyes, showing what the different UV mappings mean?

These are the diffuse and bump textures I see in the 8.1 folders, but not sure where the uv's are used in the render.

• Please don't attach texture files to posts.

You could just use the textures as a guide, or you could use an application like Hexagon or Blender to create a plain UV template from an exported OBJ. The UVs belong to the geometry.

• So... I made a few of these.  Use them in Gen 8, Surfaces, Irises, Base Color.

Eyes1.png
    2048 x 2048 - 2M
    Eyes2.png
    2048 x 2048 - 2M
    Eyes3.png
    2048 x 2048 - 2M
    Eyes6.png
    2048 x 2048 - 2M
    Eyes7.png
    2048 x 2048 - 2M
  • You could use them just ibn Base colour, using the other settings from the existing eyes.