[solved] How to pin sections of clothing together in dForce

CatinBagCatinBag Posts: 51

I was able to get the dForce to run on a non-dForce item, however, the clothing item just falls apart. Like the surfaces all act as it they were different pieces of fabric. Is there any way to "pin" sections to hold them in place?

Also if someone has a link to a good videos showing how to add dForce to a non-dForce clothing that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

This video was very helpful. Also the part where she says "subtractive painting" means hold down alt and paint

Post edited by CatinBag on

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited September 2022

What mada show there is how to prevent a part of the cloth to move all together with weight set to 0. Not really interesting in many cases. Where you want things to remain attached but still simulate.

In Daz you can pin any rigid or dForce object to another dForce object.

With the Geometry Editor Tool, select polygon(s) on the object on which things will be attached to. Create a Rigid Node from Selected. Then place properly object(s) rigid or dforce, and parent them to their respective Rigid Node.

Now you can simulate :

- a rigid object will follow the Rigid Node it's attached to (button, belt, necklace pendant, etc.).

- a dForce object will also tollow the Rigid Node it's attached to, and will simulate with its own dForce Surface properties.

A has its own dForce properties.

B is parented to a Rigid Node. I defined a weight (dForce Modifier Weight Node) of 0 for the first row of polyongs.

This way A simulates, B simulates, but also remains attached to A by its first row of polygons.

https://hansolocambo.com/wp-content/uploads/Forums/DAZ3D Forums/dForce Rigid Node dForce.mp4

I'm pretty sure once can do that with Dynamic Surface addon too but I didn't experience that yet.

Post edited by hansolocambo on