Lip-Sync - Mimic

Right now, I have to switch to 32-bit (DS 4.9) to bring up (and operate) my Lip-Sync.

Mimic Live only appears in 64-bit, and the switching between versions, tends to cause conflicts.

Does Lip-Sync have a 64-bit version?  Or will 4.10 (if downloaded) display the Lip-Sync pane?

(The problem is, the Lip-Sync pane only appears in the 'Window' tab, in 32-bit (4.9).  ...While Mimic will NOT appear in the 32-bit version.

...Meanwhile, I have been insgtructed to remove the 32-bit version, if I want conflict messages to cease.)

If Lip-Sync would run in 64-bit...if the L-Sync pane would appear in 64-bit, I could run them both, and uninstall 32-bit.

Has this bug been addressed in 4.10?    (or by a lip-sync upgrade?)

And I just noticed!

I did a Product Page search for Lip-Sync, and couldn't find it.  Then I checked my Product Library, and I cannot get it to come up.

I sure need to get some dialogue tools working smoothly.  Getting characters to have conversations, is moving from bumpy to difficult.

7-MIMIC LIVE PROBLEMS.JPG
660 x 503 - 85K
6.JPG
675 x 485 - 48K

Comments

• You can just click Cancel and carry on with LipSync in the 32 bit DS. Is that the conflict you were seeing?

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 675

Actually, the messages appear when I open my 64-bit version.

If it only did that with 32-bit, it wouldn't be so annoying.

...since I rarely use 32-bit.  (except when using lip-sync.)

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701
    edited October 2017

No 64 bit version of lip-sync. I believe it was licensed before the 64 bit DAZ Studio version existed and has been carried forth in the 32bit since then.

I assume you know that you can do the lip-sync in 32bit, save the results as a scene (or pose) and load it into 64 bit for rendering and other non lip-sync scene work, including further animation.

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340
    mindsong said:

No 64 bit version of lip-sync. I believe it was licensed before the 64 bit DAZ Studio version existed and has been carried forth in the 32bit since then.

I assume you know that you can do the lip-sync in 32bit, save the results as a scene (or pose) and load it into 64 bit for rendering and other non lip-sync scene work, including further animation.

--ms

Besides the annoyance of requireing both 32-  and 64-bit version to be installed (and the annoyance of switching between the two just to use lip-sync) I believe the Mac platform will soon be losing the ability to run 32-bit apps in the near future. As Mimic-Live doesn’t run on Macs at all, what lip-sync options will there be for Mac users?

— Walt Sterdan

mindsong said:

--ms

Load a .duf file into 64-bit?

If that is what you mean, well, I hadn't thought of that.

I wonder what most people use to create their dialogue scenes?   I haven't set up Mimic yet, and lip-sync is running too slow, lately- the audio is not keeping up with the motions of speech.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701
    dash2128 said:
    mindsong said:

--ms

Load a .duf file into 64-bit?

If that is what you mean, well, I hadn't thought of that.

I wonder what most people use to create their dialogue scenes?   I haven't set up Mimic yet, and lip-sync is running too slow, lately- the audio is not keeping up with the motions of speech.

Ya, I've never had a problem swapping any working DS data/preset files  (dufs, etc.) between versions (32/64) of the same DS program (e.g. both = 4.9, etc).

You should be able to do stuff in either and save/swap them back and forth. As yo know, the lip-sync plugin is only available in the 32bit, so I'd only do lip sync there, and use the faster 64 bit version for everything else... FWIW, I think they can both (32/64 DS instances) be open at the same time, but I'd be wary of rendering from both at the same time - potential conflicts... No Iray in 32 bit either.

To your speed issue, maybe try a fresh-boot and fresh 32bit DS instance for your lip-sync efforts and see if a clean machine helps lower resource contention... Just a thought.

Hope this helps,

--ms

• Lipsync in Daz 4.9 is only available if one has this version. I cannot find any place to download it. I have a 32 bit Vs 4.8 but it only does sound (WMV) but no facility to converts text to speech. I do not know if vs 4.10...the 32 bit, has lipsync. Mimic Lite 3.1 and Mimic Livw can be purchased but I do not know on which Genesis characters it will work. I am tempted to switch to Blender if this poor support continues. 

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,552

I have 4.10 and there is no lip sync also the alternative version of Anilip, just saw the video and it doesn't look anywhere near as good as lip sync.  Think I just might revert to 4.9 if lip sync is in there.

• I have 4.10 and there is no lip sync also the alternative version of Anilip, just saw the video and it doesn't look anywhere near as good as lip sync.  Think I just might revert to 4.9 if lip sync is in there.

LipSync should be there, in the 32 bit version only.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,821

Hi your only options for lipsync in 64 bit Daz Studio with 
    Genesis 3 or higher is to Keep an old 32 bit version installed
    and simply ignore any so called "conflict" warnings and create the lipsynch in the 32  bit and save the animated  face pose files to be used in the 64 bit for rendering....
    or purchase the 64 bit mimic live( windows only)
    and you can stay within your 64 bit environment.

I have no experience with the "Anilip" plugin
    however there is a lengthy thread on it here  somewhere.

I am an Exclusive G1-G2 figure user and am able to make use of the venerable ( though sadly discontinued)  Mimic Pro3 with its  powerful
    phoneme editing/refinement tracks that it records.

" Mimic Lite 3.1 and Mimic Live can be purchased but I do not know on which Genesis characters it will work"

Mimic lite 3.1( Like my mimic pro3),
     requires a poser Cr2 to create the lipsync
    Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 can export to a proper poser Cr2
    version for this purpose.

For Genesis 3-8 you need  to buy "Mimic Live" as Genesis 3-8 will not export to a proper poser Cr2 format.. or have a go at "Anilip"

I have mimic Live as well and it can produce decent results for G3/G8 
    however it does not have an option to use pre recorded audio
    unless you use a workaround involving capturing existing audio from  your 16mm line in audio jack on your PC.

• wolf359 said:

I have mimic Live as well and it can produce decent results for G3/G8 
    however it does not have an option to use pre recorded audio

Are you sure about G8?  I'm considering purchasing Mimic Live, but the Daz store says not compatible with G8

mindsong said:

I have 4.10 and there is no lip sync also the alternative version of Anilip, just saw the video and it doesn't look anywhere near as good as lip sync.  Think I just might revert to 4.9 if lip sync is in there.

I'm not sure Why audio feature options seem to be getting more limited, rather than better.  (shrug)

• lipsync is only in the 32 bit

you are probably looking in the 64 bit

you can have both installed and save the lipsync created as an animated pose to use in the 64bit

Thank you, I wonder why it isn't also in 64-bit.

• this is pretty ridiculous. an "advanced" software meant to animate doesnt have lipsync capabilities at all in its upgraded version?

• estheresther Posts: 619

Yes, i find that odd too. I would be interested in lip sync 64 bit as i have mac.

e

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,821
    Daz is not licensed to create a 64 bit mimic according to forum moderators. Buy anilip2....or Mimic live for 64 Bit operation.