Hairline Issues, halp! :)

TwistyTwisty Posts: 39

Hi folks! Kinda still learning Daz techniques, so excuse me if the solution or problem is obvious!

I've noticed a problem with a couple of hairstyles I use. This seems to be an issue with the Rasta hairstyle and now I find the same problem today with the Ronya Hairstyle which I just purchased. 

Examples in the images below, as you can see the scalp plate for the hair is somewhat visible in the pre-render image, and then also visible in the render. 

Any idea what causes this and how I can go about resolving it?

Post edited by Twisty on

Comments

• Have had the same problem with Nimue Hair. Scaled it a very, very little bit smaller to hide the cap in the head. That was working but not an elegant solution.

Hope to see some interesting answers here ;-)

• TwistyTwisty Posts: 39

Have had the same problem with Nimue Hair. Scaled it a very, very little bit smaller to hide the cap in the head. That was working but not an elegant solution.

Hope to see some interesting answers here ;-)

I have to re-start a render now after iray crashed my laptop again (reeee!), so I might give that a try too! Thanks for the tip! smiley

Yeah it's annoying, I can fix it post-render in gimp ... kinda-ish, but yeah not an ideal solution either.

• gederixgederix Posts: 390

Rather than scaling the whole hair usually there is dials in the parameters tab for the hair to adjust the forehead fit, overall fit, etc, when things like what youre seeing is happening just dial the forhead or scalp or whatever down slightly (into the skull).

• winmathwinmath Posts: 136

Look for an Apply this First icon as explained here -https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2407036/#Comment_2407036

• Hi not sure is anyone solved this but I scaled my hair 99% and the skull cap issue disappeared