(Commercial) Now Available - Dirty Denim for Genesis

SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
edited April 2013 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Here they are in the DAZ store!

These two pairs of jeans, one skinny and one straight-leg, are an all-new DAZ-optimized geometry with lots of morphs and textures that can be progressively destroyed, from "a little dirt" through "glam holes" through "utterly shredded and filthy."

All textures are hand-composed in the GIMP, not projected in a 3d program or made from online resources, for a guaranteed zero overlap with existing products and resources - I photographed real destroyed jeans with my own camera for this. Belt loops, pockets, and rivets are literal geometry.

They are ideal for sequential storytelling, for creatures, or just for a more realistic fashion denim look!

popup04.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
popup01.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
Post edited by SickleYield on

Comments

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Very nice :) A must have in my book especially as your products include many morphs. The texture options make them useful for many scene types. Thank you for making them :)

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    Very nice :) A must have in my book especially as your products include many morphs. The texture options make them useful for many scene types. Thank you for making them :)

Thank you for your business! I love making clothes that can be used to tell a story, and I plan to do more in future.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Just to clarify ....

These are different (and better?) meshes to the skinny and straight-leg jeans you just updated in the Classic Pants for Genesis set over at Rendo - is that correct?

edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    Just to clarify ....

These are different (and better?) meshes to the skinny and straight-leg jeans you just updated in the Classic Pants for Genesis set over at Rendo - is that correct?

Absolutely. These were made for Genesis starting from a single polygon, whereas those were originally converted from older Gen 4 products (hence the name). They are quite functional (especially since the update), and they do have morphs, but these have more, and these have cleaner and better-morphing base geometries than those do.

These also have all-new textures and transmaps. I think my texturing skills have improved in the two years or so since the Skinny Jeans base textures as well, but that's in the eye of the beholder. ;)

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the update to the Sickle Classics Genesis, and I will be buying these also.

edited December 1969

fusionla said:
    Thanks for the update to the Sickle Classics Genesis, and I will be buying these also.

Great! Thank you, and I hope you are very happy with both sets. Denim will always have a special place in my heart as a vendor because it's what I started out with.

Using both in parallel is certainly a valid concept, especially if you want to fill a scene with pairs of jeans that look slightly different from each other.

edited December 1969

And, since another thread has made it relevant, let me remind everyone what else these can do. ;)

DirtyDenimBonus03.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 898K
    DirtyDenimBonus02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 970K
    DirtyDenimBonus01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 991K
  • PatroklosPatroklos Posts: 533
    edited December 1969

Hello, when I load mat SLIMDESTROYED003LIGHT I get multiple versions of TDLMAKE.EXE running and taking over all my CPU.

Can you help with this please?

Thanks

edited December 1969

It stops when I delete the jeans altogether.

It seems that the problem occurs when I load any mat that i destroyed or dirty, but not with the clean ones.

Hope that helps.

edited December 1969

Patroklos said:
    It stops when I delete the jeans altogether.

It seems that the problem occurs when I load any mat that i destroyed or dirty, but not with the clean ones.

Hope that helps.

It's not liking the LIE presets they are based on. Do you have the latest version of DAZ Studio?

edited December 1969

I have 4.5.1.56

What can I do to get this working?

edited December 1969

Patroklos said:
    I have 4.5.1.56

What can I do to get this working?

Close the program, restart your computer, restart DS, and see if it's still doing it.

I made them in 4.5.1.56, so I don't know why yours is giving a tdlmake error when mine did not.

edited December 1969

Unfortunately the problem continues after reboot.

edited December 1969

Patroklos said:
    Unfortunately the problem continues after reboot.

Based on your Nuts and Bolts thread, and the fact that others are not having the problem, it looks like this is probably a systemic issue or an issue with your DS install rather than an issue with the product.

edited December 1969

So no suggestions?

edited December 1969

Patroklos said:
    So no suggestions?

Reinstall DAZ Studio?

• rogerbenrogerben Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

They are ideal for sequential storytelling...

For the record, the fact that you bear this in mind is one reason your stuff is so good.

edited December 1969

rogerben said:
    They are ideal for sequential storytelling...

For the record, the fact that you bear this in mind is one reason your stuff is so good.

Thanks, I really appreciate that.