Why daz vendor sitll offer pp2 or daz scene files without duf?

2»

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    As a studio 4.5 user there is a part of me that really agrees with kitakoredaz. I don't want to hunt around for anything any more and I sure as heck have no interest in yet more products that I have to hunt up the file for and then plod around looking for the material files that may be there for the product. Nor is it rocket science to save out the .duf files. It is actually only takes one minute to save out the .duf. A couple of years ago I just flat stopped buying anything that did not come with Studio material files. And I doubt if I will be buying many products going forward that are not optimized for studio 4.5 with .duf files. Not that I think content creators should stop including the other file types so they optimize potential sales. It is just that at some point in the very near future no .duf will be a deal breaker for me.

I also think this way. No offence meant to vendors who don't provide ds formats but I don't have a lot of time to spare for my hobbies and I would rather buy products that are set up for the software I use.

Like Khory I don't think it is a big deal for a vendor to save in that format if they wish to sell to ds4.5 users. No different than vendors providing DSON files for poser users who use Genesis.