AniBlock & Poser

I have seen a number of V4/M4 aniBlock products which are listed as compatible with Poser but how are they imported into to Poser?  I have Poser Pro 2014. 

Comments

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,819

Hi 

You must first load V4 or M4 into daz studio and apply the aniblock

and bake to studio keyframes

then purchase this product

https://www.daz3d.com/poser-format-exporter-pfe

and export as poserpz2 files for use in poser

• Thanks for the information - I had hoped it was usable in Poser as that is what the site suggested to me. 

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

There's nothing stopping a vendor from providing multiple formats of their animations (e.g. aniblocks, bvh, pz2, etc.) in a single package, the way mesh products often add duf/obj/pp2/etc/.

Double check the product specs, and if you see mention of PZ2 in the description, the conversion to poser may already be done!

Note that there's an aniblock importer for Poser as well, in case you already have a collection, or see some aniblock-only products you like:

https://www.daz3d.com/aniblock-importer-for-poser

hope this helps...

--ms

• Thanks, Mindsong, for the additional information.   I had seen the importer, oddly I found it using google - couldn't locate it via the shop o.0, but it's for an earlier version of Poser to the one I have.  I think it is a bit too risky to buy a product which I have doubts about working with the software I have - wish it did as it looks great - but that's life :)

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

Thanks, Mindsong, for the additional information.   I had seen the importer, oddly I found it using google - couldn't locate it via the shop o.0, but it's for an earlier version of Poser to the one I have.  I think it is a bit too risky to buy a product which I have doubts about working with the software I have - wish it did as it looks great - but that's life :)

Maybe someone in here can verify that it still works in the latest poser version (11/11 Pro). I believe it's a python script for Poser, and I don't think they've updated their Python engine during the upgrades since V9. It'd be easy to verify that on an active poser forum or SmithMicro site. If that's the case, the risk is pretty low, and waiting for a sale makes the price/value much more viable.

If you only have a couple to migrate, you could probably find someone to covert them for you. If you want to make it part of your workflow, then I suppose some homework and a few bucks are in order.

As @wolf359 mentioned above, burning to the timeline and exporting to PZ2 with the PFE works well too - especially if you are doing the migrations every-so-often during projects rather than en-masse. PFE is less expensive, and doesn't require poser-python compatibility. That's probably how I'd go if I were deciding from scratch. PZ2s are stable and not likely to change much, so they'd make a good transfer container/format. (Carrara uses them too, and I think Shade, Iclone (?), and Maya have importers, etc., and DS can re-import PZ2s natively).

cheers,

--ms

• Maybe someone in here can verify that it still works in the latest poser version (11/11 Pro). I believe it's a python script for Poser, and I don't think they've updated their Python engine during the upgrades since V9. It'd be easy to verify that on an active poser forum or SmithMicro site. If that's the case, the risk is pretty low, and waiting for a sale makes the price/value much more viable.

Just bought and tested the importer in Poser 11 Pro and it works fine (at least for the Hivewire House Cat aniblocks)

Hope it helps ;)

• The importer also works for me in Poser 11, at least with the M4 figure I tested it on.