DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION on start up

Hi, 

I'm new to DAZ 3D or will be if I can get it to open. I'm using windows 10 but have tried Windows 8/7/Vista compatibility modes. I have installed to a nonstandard path as I don't have the space on C:

I get this every time on attemptiong to start the program:

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "G:\DAZ3D\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzshaderbuilder.dll" at 0033:00000000CF314EBE, getPluginDefinition()+462798 byte(s)

Anyone else have this ot any tips on resolution?

Comments

• That's an odd one. What security software are you using, and what are your system specs?

• Just standard windows 10 security no additional AV software at the moment, Windows 10 64bit 6Gb RAM, Geforce GTX 970.

• You might try updating your video card, though 6GB of RAM is quite limiting.

• Interesting thing is it throws an error in getPluginDefinition(), it sounds like that function should just return informtion about the plugin rather than interfacing with my hardware at a serious level though of course the name could be misleading.

While I admit my system is far from high end for this type of appliction it does look like it should basicly be able to run it, even if it starts to lag badly at points. I've done some modeling and still renders in blender pretty easily, though my PC does struggle with more complex scenes.

Anyway I 'll look into other possibilities her for a little longer before uninstalling and moving back to blender. Pity though this more focused product probably suited me interest better.

• yes I am getting this now Daz studio worked fine until DazCentral now will not open get DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\OpenCL.DLL" at 0033:000000006B1615FB, clGetPlatformInfo()+91 byte(s) -(-hard getting help from Daz help)

• I would imagine that getPluginDefinition() is asking the plug-in for information, at which point it may be doing soemthing that triggers the crash. Which plug-ins do you have? Have you tried uninstalling them one-by-one until DS will launch?

• This new post is about clGetPlatformInfo() instead of getPluginDefinition().

I would try reinstalling the lastest version of your graphics driver to resolve this error.

• yes having the same problem --I have had Daz Stidio for years now lasy month crash on opening DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\OpenCL.DLL" at Daz help is not doing very good do not think they know what to do