[Released] LAMH2Iray Catalyzer: 1.8 update available [Commercial]

Comments

• Arah3DArah3D Posts: 31

On many of the models there will be a LAMH option, a catalyzer option and plain actor option. Choose the catalizer model option. It won't work on the LAMH option 

I can't find any Catalyzer figure options, there is only standard figures and LAMH figures.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936

Catalyzer options were added as updates to older amimals. Are your Fox and Wolf products up to date?

• Arah3D said:

I just purchased the LAMH Catalyzer and I have the free version of LAMH, but every time I try to render with the Catalyzer I get the message, "There are no Catalyzer Compliant Objects to Render. Please use the standard Daz Studio Render Button" I am using Alessandro's LAMH wolf and fox and neither has worked. Before I started I put in the serial number and restarted the program and still nothing. What exactly am I doing wrong?

I think you just need to download and install the model updates. Use the DIM to uninstall wolf and fox, download and reinstall them. After that you should find the Catalyzer dedicated versions in the content library.

• Arah3DArah3D Posts: 31
    Arah3D said:

I just purchased the LAMH Catalyzer and I have the free version of LAMH, but every time I try to render with the Catalyzer I get the message, "There are no Catalyzer Compliant Objects to Render. Please use the standard Daz Studio Render Button" I am using Alessandro's LAMH wolf and fox and neither has worked. Before I started I put in the serial number and restarted the program and still nothing. What exactly am I doing wrong?

I think you just need to download and install the model updates. Use the DIM to uninstall wolf and fox, download and reinstall them. After that you should find the Catalyzer dedicated versions in the content library.

barbult said:

Catalyzer options were added as updates to older amimals. Are your Fox and Wolf products up to date?

Re-downloading the products with the Catalyzers solved the loading and rendering problem, thank you so much! Now can I ask why the fur is always rendererd white? And I can't seem to change it?

• Arah3D said:
    Arah3D said:

barbult said:

Re-downloading the products with the Catalyzers solved the loading and rendering problem, thank you so much! Now can I ask why the fur is always rendererd white? And I can't seem to change it?

Contact me at my support email (see my signature) we will check why is that and fix it.

• A question (didn't read the whole thread, maybe there's an answer to that before): If I have an Iray catalyzer preset is there a way to change its texture? Like remove the stripes from the White Tiger and make it all grey? I don't mind digging up some file, but the Iray Catalyzer panel doesn't seem to have any options for that.

If not, is there a way to do that with a normal LAMH preset in the LAMH panel? I know you can overlay a color, but the stripes remain. 

• A question (didn't read the whole thread, maybe there's an answer to that before): If I have an Iray catalyzer preset is there a way to change its texture? Like remove the stripes from the White Tiger and make it all grey? I don't mind digging up some file, but the Iray Catalyzer panel doesn't seem to have any options for that.

If not, is there a way to do that with a normal LAMH preset in the LAMH panel? I know you can overlay a color, but the stripes remain. 

Hello, you could perhaps edit the relevant texture in the Runtime folder, making it of the color that you want so that the next time you load the model it will use it. Or, within the Catalyzer Pane you could use the Diffuse Overlay controls to hook up an overlay color (you can decide how much intensity to apply).
    Hope this helps.

Hello, you could perhaps edit the relevant texture in the Runtime folder, making it of the color that you want so that the next time you load the model it will use it. Or, within the Catalyzer Pane you could use the Diffuse Overlay controls to hook up an overlay color (you can decide how much intensity to apply).
    Hope this helps.

This is the method I've been using for a while;

1. Load the base figure with the catalyzer preset.
    2. Go to Surfaces tab and change the coat/fur texture from the basic one to the one you made yourself.
    3. Save the scene and close Daz.
    4. Re-open daz and the Catalyzer preset should now pick up the colours from your custom diffuse.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited August 2018

It would be so cool if NVIDIA opened up the iRAY engine to open source or something?  Then you guys could develop directly for the iRAY engine.  I learned recently that there is a very popular published artist that makes AMAZING body hair options (hair, eyebrows, body hair) all with LAMH.  I was under the impression she used ZBrush but seems not.  She even told me that he had no idea how to use Fiber Mesh Hair in ZBrush... so she's making some amazing stuff with your plugin Alex!  

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • Thank you all. Eboshijaana, worked like a charm! Thanks for the tip!

• hi question how an where do i install the catalyzer an its plugins i tried installing it lastnight an i get nothing in daz also having issues with look at my hair no tutorials on how to install li properaly ive been using daz for art for a few months now an its the first time using this i have models with the lamh stuff like the manwolf model but every time i try to render in iray the hair never shows 

• I just bought Big Cats2, the Fur Mod, Catalyzer, and have LAMH installed and have no idea how to load anything to do with all the stuff I just bought. Is there a readme to let me know what is going on, and how to actually get all these things to work? Not getting snippy, just asking. Lol, I have no idea what I'm doing, I guess! laugh

• Everytime i try to render with the Catalyzer from AM it starts the rendering and after a minute 
    DAZ just wants to shut down. Whats wrong??? LAMH works fine but not the Catalyzer

The Catalyzer readme references this PDF documantation which may help.

• I'm not sure what is going on - catalizer worked fine yesterday. Today is crashes. I only have a scene with wolf 2. Load, pose, add HDRI light, hit render, crash. Reloaded wolf 2 and Catalizer, no help...

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_180916-093115.zip
  • I'm not sure what is going on - catalizer worked fine yesterday. Today is crashes. I only have a scene with wolf 2. Load, pose, add HDRI light, hit render, crash. Reloaded wolf 2 and Catalizer, no help...

Which render button are you clicking? The one in the D|S window, or the one in the Catalyser tab? Apparently if you don't use the one in the Catalyser tab it is known to cause crashes.

• So I have a problem now where Daz is crashing using catalyzer or LAMH models. I can put them in and start posing them, but, eventually the entire program crashes, sometimes to the point where I need to do a hard reboot on my computer. It starts off fine, but eventually, if you get into minute posing, the system just gives up and closes/crashes.

This has happened on 2 computers. One was a little older, one was brand new, with all up to date drivers. It even happens with preview hair disabled and with safe mode checked. Eventually it just stops working. Even worse, is when it corrupts scenes that took hours to put together, and you can't even reload them!

It crashes when rendering with the catalyst button in the pane, it crashes when working with the models, it crashes even if you do a test render and save afterwards, as I've seen some people suggest. It can take up to an hour to crash, or, depending on what model you use, minutes. I'm mostly working with Big Cats 2. I'd love to get the bear, but I'd like to see if I can get the simple stuff down first.

Most of the problems I have are just putting them in a scene and it just stopping. Its a shame because I love how they look when it does work! If I just plop something down, add a pose and render, it works. If I want to do something deeper, it doesn't.

Does anyone have a workaround?

An update to Catalyzer today has this note in the readme:

2018-12-04 - version 1.7

• Earliest implementation of dynamic hair structures

So, how do we take advantage of this feature?

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Looking at this update thread, I went to the download page, and found this. Looks like two entries for Win 64, and one unspecified. Anyone know which is correct or if I need to download all three?

Catalyzer download page.jpg
    1032 x 683 - 103K
  • nowefg said:

Looking at this update thread, I went to the download page, and found this. Looks like two entries for Win 64, and one unspecified. Anyone know which is correct or if I need to download all three?

I honestly have no idea why you have 3 separate downloads, in any case the one I have it's 2.8MB, so I'd say the first one. Once done, follow the instructions in the manual to activate it (or see here: https://www.alessandromastronardi.com/blog/lamh2iray-catalyzer/) and check you have latest version 1.7.

Hey Alex.  You still have the blog or website where there are allot of free presets and what not for LAMH?  

If you so can you supply a link?  

Thank you! 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

My latest creation, using the catalyzer:

One day, my son, all of this will be yours.  Except, of course, for that large area over there, where Archmage Serena lives. And the pathways where she likes to take her walks. And let’s not forget her favourite lake, over here. Oh, and it’s also a good idea to avoid the old temple, where she wiped out an entire pack of Carnomolochs in less than five minutes. And then there’s . . .

Cheers,

Alex.

A Little Fatherly Advice.jpg
    3000 x 1875 - 1011K
  • RAMWolff said:

Hey Alex.  You still have the blog or website where there are allot of free presets and what not for LAMH?  

Thank you! 

Sure, here: http://www.furrythings.com/

• My latest creation, using the catalyzer:

One day, my son, all of this will be yours.  Except, of course, for that large area over there, where Archmage Serena lives. And the pathways where she likes to take her walks. And let’s not forget her favourite lake, over here. Oh, and it’s also a good idea to avoid the old temple, where she wiped out an entire pack of Carnomolochs in less than five minutes. And then there’s . . .

Cheers,

Alex.

Beautiful!

RAMWolff said:

Thank you! 

Sure, here: http://www.furrythings.com/

Thanks so much.  Bookmarked this time.  I'm so scattered sometimes!  LOL 

• cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 354
    edited December 2018
    Finally grabbed the catalyzer. Thank you. Great product. Cant wait for it to be usable with free presets too ;)
    Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
    Finally grabbed the catalyzer. Thank you. Great product. Cant wait for it to be usable with free presets too ;)

I don't think he ever even hinted that that would happen. Did I miss something? 

• cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 354
    edited December 2018
    My philosophy: live in hope, die in constant spring. Maybe someday...
    Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    nowefg said:

I honestly have no idea why you have 3 separate downloads, in any case the one I have it's 2.8MB, so I'd say the first one. Once done, follow the instructions in the manual to activate it (or see here: https://www.alessandromastronardi.com/blog/lamh2iray-catalyzer/) and check you have latest version 1.7.

I just checked and my list of downloads matches with @nowefg. I'm using DIM, and I have 2 Catalyzers installed, and one ready to download and install, but it won't install. It has the same package ID and package date as the Win64 bit version installed, but is half the size.

I selected the add-on in DS, restarted DS, and the status is green (loaded), but it won't let me paste in the serial number. I've clicked in the registration field, double-clicked, but the textbox doesn't open.

CatalyzerReadyToDownload.JPG
    562 x 524 - 41K
    CatalyzerInstalled1.JPG
    624 x 558 - 60K
    CatalyzerInstalled2.JPG
    625 x 553 - 59K
    CatalyzerAddonStatus.JPG
    613 x 546 - 48K
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited December 2018

When I sent last update, it seems like DAZ has split the product in two installers, one with the documentation and support link, the other with the actual plugin files. I tried and installed both, and all looks and works fine for me.
    Please contact me at my email (see signature), I'll help you to set it up.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on