Genesis figures "broken" breasts

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Just bought PP2012 and V5 and M5.
Installer DSON importer.

M5 and V5 both have problems in the left breast.
On V5 the right breast is pulled over to the left.
On M5 the right breast is pulled to the centre and in so there is a discontinuty between it and the breast bone (chest part)

Any help please?

ScreenShot001.jpg
525 x 367 - 10K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,055
    edited March 2013

Is this using the character files, or loading a plain Genesis and setting the morphs? I did the latter and didn't get distortion. Have you tried using Edit>Restore>Figure if you are using the Michael 5 or Victoria 5 characters? What do you get if you load a plain Genesis? My suspicion would be that you have a morph set or character installed that is set to be non-zero by default and that's conflicting with the shapes of the figures, or it may simply be that the left pectoral bone is posed away from its zero position..

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • edited December 1969

This is right "out of hte box" so to speak.
    I do have (lots of) old character files etc, but none based on Genesis.
    The Genesis base figure seems to be the source of the problem.
    I have basically just loaded these files.

ScreenShot004.jpg
    595 x 439 - 16K
    edited December 1969

Have you tried selecting the right pectoral bone and making sure its rotations are all zero?

• edited March 2013

I had not but I have now and all are 0.

ScreenShot005.jpg
    365 x 264 - 11K
    Post edited by dbj57l_34ccfd9359 on
    edited December 1969

No they aren't - look at Side-Side, it's set to 25 (remotely, via ERC, rather than locally). Check the settings on the root (the Figure) under Upper Body Breast - there are several "morphs" which could be doing that.

• edited December 1969

Thanks. I wasn't sure what these numbers were.
    Any way to reset all so to speak?
    This is definitely not something I did - it was apparent when I first opened it.
    regardless, I can't find any non-zero parameters under Genesis/Body/torso which is the closest I could find to upper body.
    Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place.

edited December 1969

No, that would be the right place. Unfortunately the issue could have been introduced by any morph, so without knowing exactly what you have installed it's really hard to say what is causing the issue. You could try Edit>Zero Figure, but then you will have to reset the V5 shape of course.

• 76Claudia220576Claudia2205 Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

I have exactly the same issue:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19174/

edited December 1969

Do you see the same non-zero values on the pectoral bone? Have you tried the Edit>Zero Figure command?

edited December 1969

Yes all values are at 0 so don't know what to do about it.

edited December 1969

You don't have the value showing in white, as in reply 4, for the right-pectoral bone?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited December 1969

Under the Figure menu, turn "Use Limits" off and go to Edit > Restore >Figure and it should fix it. Make sure Use Limits is off before loading and it will load normally.

I'm poking around trying to figure out which ERC has the incorrect limit, but haven't yet found it......

edited March 2013

When the limits are turned on, Yrot_ERC_TGT in the right collar goes to over 2 billion, which is actually the limit. It's driven by right collar front-back, but that doesn't change...

EDIT I originally wrote Shoulder; it's the collar actor

Post edited by WandW on
    edited March 2013

AH HAH!! A second look revealed that both the upper and lower limits of the Yrot_ERC_TGTin the collars of the base Genesis figure are 2+ billion, so of course it would go there when limits are enabled. Somebody messed up...

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

I reported this as a bug...

https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=49954

edited December 1969

WandW said:
    Under the Figure menu, turn "Use Limits" off and go to Edit > Restore >Figure and it should fix it. Make sure Use Limits is off before loading and it will load normally.

I'm poking around trying to figure out which ERC has the incorrect limit, but haven't yet found it......

Thank you :D It is solved by turning off the limits before loading the figures. That I didn't think of that at all.....

edited December 1969

Thanks for reporting the bug, not sure why I wasn't seeing it.

• NetherworksNetherworks Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    I reported this as a bug...

https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=49954

Thank you for reporting this. Still unresolved as of June 2014. Fix seems to be that those dials need to have limits set to the respective collar rotation and translation limits.