4.9 Resets to Default Constantly

So it isn't a massive issue for most people but it is getting EXTREMELY annoying. Daz Studio 4.9, since I last updated, consistently resets the Workspace and Style back to default settings every time I close the application. When I restart it, all of my panes and viewports that I set up are lost. In the six years I have used DAZ, I have NEVER had this issue. Anyone else going through it? I've rearranged viewports and changed the Workspace everything hundreds of times. This is the first time I've ever had this issue. 

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,220

This may be a permissions issue from the sound of the symptoms.

• Mac or Windows? Can you explicitly save your layout (Window>Workspace>Save Layout) so that it appears, and can be selected, in Window>Workspace>Select Layout?

• Hello, i know this post is quite old but i'm having this exact same issue on daz 4.20 and windows 10. To sum up, every time i close and reopen daz my workpace gets reset back to original settings, and my viewport changes from Texture Shaded (my prefference) to the Filament PBR.

-I can open and close panes and resize them to my preffered shape;

-I can't save the layout or apply a saved one after i reopened DAZ;

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
    edited March 2022

The layout saving isssue is a known issue in 4.20 general release. It has been fixed in the latest beta.

Post edited by Leana on
  • In the meantime there is a workaround here My workspace resets every time I reopen Daz. - Daz 3D Forums