Renders are crashing when closing down....

I'm wondering if any of you guys have had expeirence of this problem or whether someone might offer some suggestions as to what is causing it.....

I set up my scene and render just the same as always, the pop out picture comes up and I sit and let it render, sometimes I have it set to 95%, sometimes 98% and sometimes 100% none of these make any difference, the scene picture completes with no problem everytime and I get a great picture..... Then the trouble starts, while DAZ is closing down the render it crashes and I end up with a white screen inside what was my rendered image and a massage saying DAZ 3D has stopped working and needs to close. This is only happening as I say straight after the render has finished, it never happens at the start and it never happens anywhere during the proccess, always right at the end whilst closing everything back down. I thought maybe my scene was a little to heavy so I loaded just a medium size scene up and rendered that but the same thing happens, I then tried a relitivley small scene and it still crashed the programe. I've also tried this at several different render settings and it is still happening, this seems to have started around 4 days ago but it has slowly got worse over the last couple of days.

I'm rendering in iRay and I'm using a Gtx 980ti with 16g ram and 3.2g CPU, if anyone can give me any suggestions, they're most welcome.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,945

What do you mean by "closing everything back down"? Are you clicking on Save in the render window or are you doing something else? Have you looked in your Daz Studio temp directory to see if the render has been saved there as r.png? If Daz Studio crashes, you may be able to recover your render there.

• jontaylor99jontaylor99 Posts: 213
    barbult said:

What do you mean by "closing everything back down"? Are you clicking on Save in the render window or are you doing something else? Have you looked in your Daz Studio temp directory to see if the render has been saved there as r.png? If Daz Studio crashes, you may be able to recover your render there.

No, I don't get chance to save anything, once the render has finished and gets to what ever percentage I have it set to my DAZ is closing down with no other error message other than the programe has stopped working and needs to close. It always finishes the actual render but at the point just before you are given the option to save your image this problem is occurring.

Yes, I checked in the temp folder and there is nothing in there.

Thanks....

• Try changing the location of your Temp folder, in Edit>Preferences

• Are yuo checking the temp folder before or after restarting DS after a crash?

• plarffplarff Posts: 264

Hi all

I know this an old post, but i have exactly now teh same issue. My VRAM is around 7 or 7.2 or 7.6 of 8GB as i see this in Task Manager. I have 2 x 2070RTX cards.As per original poster mine gets to around 98% or even 100% rendering and then daz crashes. I can see teh render image but cannot save it. There is also no temp render in C:\users\.... folder.

This only happens with some renders though. Anything below 7GB vram i think it is fine but that means lower quality image for me which i am not after. It's always same error message of NVidia Iray crash.

In the past it would jsut jump to CPU usage but that doesnt not happen anymore for some reason. Not that i want to use CPU as rendering option.

If anyone else's had this and solved it pls let us know.

• Do you have the denoiser on?

Do you have the denoiser on?

mmm Yes i do actually. Ive not tried it with Denoiser off i believe. You think that may the issue?

• plarff said:

mmm Yes i do actually. Ive not tried it with Denoiser off i believe. You think that may the issue?

I was just thinking it might add some load near the end, depending on where it kicks in. It certainly does increase the resources used.

plarff said:

I was just thinking it might add some load near the end, depending on where it kicks in. It certainly does increase the resources used.

I always set my Denoizer to kick in arond last 10 so in my case sample rate is 3500 adn i have Denz kick in at 3490... Also i set my Rendering Converge Ration to 98%...

Hi Richard.. I think you hit the nail on the head here. I uppped my sample rate and switched denoiser off. Now it renders. I did however increase lighting slightly and removed some assets in scene that i wasnt using. Atleast its renderign but i think just switching off denoiser was key.

• Glad you have it working now.