Ears and seams on Supersuit

zug22zug22 Posts: 73
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I bought the new Supersuit and it's pretty good, there are a LOT of options - but I am puzzled: didn't anyone notice that the ears are not covered or hidden? I would really like an ear cover like in the V4 cowl.
Also, when I render the whole thing one colour, it still has lines where the regions meet: can't I get it all smooth? I would like it if I could choose where to put the seams, but where are the UV templates for it? I know they exist but I can only get a messy UV view of all of them overlaid - well, I think it's that. Is it available in a package?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960
    edited December 1969

Snow Sultan has posted templates, I think there's a thread if you search the forum.

• zug22zug22 Posts: 73
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard :)

edited December 1969

just in case anyone else out there is looking, here is the link to the Supersuit Templates, courtesy of Forum member jferio:

http://www.ShareCG.com/v/62282/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Supersuit-Templates

It took me a while to find them (page 10 of the thread!) so I offer this shortcut.

• edited December 1969

I'm pretty noobish...but how do you apply these UV mats that he made to the suit? All I can seem to do is change repeating textures. Any good tuts on this that you could point me to?

Thanks!

Micah

edited April 2014

THey are UV MAPS not mats. The Maps are like a dressmakers pattern - you use it in a 2D draw and paint program to work out where the details of your design go, for instance if you want to put the "S" on Superman's outfit you would use the maps to locate it in the middle of his chest. Usually you make a test image to work out which parts of the UV map go where, then use tht to make a final texture image that you apply to the object to get the result you want. You apply the texture imag in the Surfaces tab. check out the video tutes provided by DAZ to get the details.

Post edited by zug22 on