Meshes - is there anyway to manipulate them in DS4?

edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Is there a way to push or pull clothing or body meshes to better fit items without morphs in them? Once you fit them to genesis we seem to loose a lot of manipulation aspects and most of the 3rd party tools in DS3, don't work in DS4.

Thanks.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited June 2012

That's what DForms are for - Create>New DForm.... You can also use Smoothing Modifiers, with optional collision detection, to help with some issues (Edit>Figure>Geometry>Apply Smoothing Modifier).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • edited December 1969

Hi Richard - I appreciate the help.

I created the deformer and applied to a shirt that has previously been smooth modded and it seems to not be able to deform with the smooth modifier in place....or, I'm just doing it wrong. I use the smooth modifier with all my Daz creations, it's the single most useful utility in Daz that Poser seems to be seriously lacking, in fact Poser seems to fall short in a lot of areas compared to Daz 4, but that's off topic.

Is there a way to use the d-former with smoothing enabled?

edited December 1969

Smoothing will tend to reduce the effect of a DFormer - how many smoothing iterations are you using?

• edited December 1969

I usually try to use 10 iterations or less, otherwise I odd experience mesh behavior where begin to separate from the seams and itself, like poke through.

edited December 1969

Try lowering the iterations a bit more, though I admit I haven't done much with DFormers on smoothed mesh.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

4.5RC2 can...

1) Add a push modifier, which "pushes the object away from another object"
    2) Preserves morphs when you auto-fit stuff

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply Skiriki. How do I use the push mod? Is there a doc link for it?

edited December 1969

Edit>Figure of Edit>Object, then Geometry>Apply Push Modifier. It adds a new slider controlling how far the mesh should be pushed, in cm.