Backup custom categories

I did Content DB Maintenance > Export User Data. I assume this will contain custom categories.

But where is the file this creates (I kinda want to copy it to google drive)? Maybe there's a simple post somewhere that explains how to back up your categories...

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

It is called userdata and it is usually in I believe your runtime> support directory. There may be more than one depending on how big your content custom categories are

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126
    Toonces said:

I did Content DB Maintenance > Export User Data. I assume this will contain custom categories.

But where is the file this creates (I kinda want to copy it to google drive)? Maybe there's a simple post somewhere that explains how to back up your categories...

This will be in runtime/support as UserData_n.dsx (where 'n' starts at 1; depending on the amount of userdata you can end up with multple files) in the first Studio format directory defined to Studio (Content tab -> options menu -> Content Directory Maintenance; expand DAZ Studio Formats)

• It will be in your first content directory, under \Runtime\Support.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Thanks all!!

• his xhis x Posts: 866

This wasn't easy to find, but it was worth the effort. I've lost my categories for the last time.