Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• colinmac2colinmac2 Posts: 407

Problem SOLV ED!  And I was right, it IS a lot faster than the other converters, even with metadata!

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

yay, no more buying poses for me! v4 to g2, g2 to g3 now g3 to g8

• billyben_0077a25354billyben_0077a25354 Posts: 771
    edited July 2017

Picked it up this morning.  LET THE CONVERSIONS BEGIN MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! (yelling statement and maniacial laugh using Steve Carells voice with minion noises in the background)  Looks like I really need to learn Pose Builder for Genesis 3.  Any good tutorials out there for PBG3?  All I have found is the Genesis 2 Pose Builder video tutorial by Zev0 on YouTube and while it is good, I am always looking for more informartion and maybe differenti ideas on how to do things.

Zev0, great idea adding the scripts to the Studio Menu.  Makes it much easier to do the conversions.  Thanks again for another great product.

Post edited by billyben_0077a25354 on
    edited July 2017

@colinmac2

The converted poses go in the ''Converted Files Directory'' but wont show up untill you ''Refresh'' the Content Library''   (Right Click in the Content Library pane & select ''Refresh'' then navigate to the folder you chose.)

Good Luck

cool

Okay, just tired to covnert a directory.  Selected it in Pose Converter, navagated to the Converted Files Directory after refreshing the content library and still do not see the converted poses.  What am I doing wrong?

Nevermind, I figured out what I was doing wrong, disreguard.  DOH Must remember to verify the selected converted files directory! blush

• Is there any documentation. I cant figure it out. when i click the icon g3 to g8 pose converter nothing happens. Any help would be apretiated :)

edited July 2017

Is there any documentation. I cant figure it out. when i click the icon g3 to g8 pose converter nothing happens. Any help would be apretiated :)

Double click on the G3 to G8 Pose Converter icon.  When the window pops up, click on either the "Add Individual Pose Files..." or "Add Pose Directory..." button.  The "Select Pose Files" dialog box will open and using Windows file structure, (I am using the default path) go to C:>Users>Public>Public Documents>My DAZ 3D Library>People>Genesis 3 Female>Poses then select the pose directory or drill down one more level and select the individual pose .duf files you want to convert then click on the convert button.  Remember to verify where the converted files go, usually the converted files directory in DAZ.  The default path is C:/Users/Your User name/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Converted or select what every directory you want to store them in.  Hope this helps.

• Maybe i am stupid or not doing something right, but when i try to load it by double clicking or using the script menu nothing happens. I restarted the PC even. the pose correction thing works, just not the converter. Any suggestions?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited July 2017

When you double click the add scripts icon, does it add the word scripts to the top of studio? Also what version of studio and what platform, PC or Mac.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Does this work with 4.9 Beta?

It should.

• Zev0 said:

When you double click the add scripts icon, does it add the word scripts to the top of studio? Also what version of studio and what platform, PC or Mac.

When I click on it nothing at all happens. Well it added the action in my scripts at the top, but again when I select that nothing happens. The version of Studio I have is 4.9.4.117 and its W10 (64)
    ​The pose correction thing, also in the script thing at the top works perfect, so that's why I thought I'd check here what may be going on. Thanks

We will see what it could be. Unless this is a widespread issue, we will have to wait and see what would be the best way to approach this issue. Can you send me your log file please.

• Zev0 said:

We will see what it could be. Unless this is a widespread issue, we will have to wait and see what would be the best way to approach this issue. Can you send me your log file please.

It could be my DS who knows, but this is what I get in the log file
    2017-07-05 12:44:18.578 Loading script: K:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scripts/Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose Converter/Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose Converter.dse
    2017-07-05 12:44:18.593 DEBUG: Critical Error!
    2017-07-05 12:44:18.594 Script executed successfully: K:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scripts/Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose Converter/Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose Converter.dse

​like i said the correction thing works, so it's not a massive issue, just trying to figure out why it's playing up. 
    ​oh and by the way, same happens for me with regards to the G8 to G3 convertion, again only the correction thing works.

edited July 2017

I just experienced the same problem. I think it has to do with PostgreSQL CMS. Mine stopped running and when i tried the script it would not open. When that was back up and running, the script worked. Try that solution.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

I just experienced the same problem. I think it has to do with PostgreSQL CMS. Mine stopped running and when i tried the script it would not open. When that was back up and running, the script worked. Try that solution.

OK cool, will try that, and would make sense, my CMS always plays up and doesnt work proper, so that would explain that. Thanks for letting me know.

Perfect on the first try. Thanks Zev0. And yes it does work in Beta.

Thanks good to know.

This product is the bomb! Converts all the hand poses as well as expressions.  The expressions need a little tweaking but still...

edited July 2017

Ye nothing can be done about expressions. They will work as well as when you apply a G3 expression to g8.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Not complaining at all, and so fast. I converted my whole expression library about 15 sets in about 2 minutes.

• kocammykocammy Posts: 65
    Zev0 said:

I'm experiencing the same problem.  I don't know how to re-enable my PostgreSQL CMS - Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Cammy

• jcbunnjcbunn Posts: 270

full animations at one time or frame by frame?

thanks Zev0

edited July 2017

Hmm.. Don't really do animations, but if the key frames are corrected, then all frames that are in between should be fixed. However if each frame is a keyframe, then you might hve to apply the corrector to each frame.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075
    edited July 2017

I haven't had any problems converting multiple directories at once. Appreciate the increased speed.

Win 7, i7 4770k, 32Gb

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328
    edited July 2017
    kocammy said:
    Zev0 said:

I'm experiencing the same problem.  I don't know how to re-enable my PostgreSQL CMS - Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Cammy

If you right click on the content library pane a menu appears which has options to start and stop the CMS.  I tried this and all I got for my troubles was the gibberish in the attached job log.

I think the problem I have is that my CMS is totally screwed up and needs completely reseting.  I have no idea how to do this.

Incidentally, I tried running the G2F to G3F pose converter, that I bought two years ago, and that runs with no problems.

Cheers,

Alex.

CMS Problems.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Same problem for me, CMS is running.

edited July 2017

"Incidentally, I tried runing the G2F to G3F pose converter, that I bought two years ago, and that runs with no problems."

There was no smart content aspect to deal with at that time with that version and unfortunately the majority of new users use smart content so this version had to be designed to cater for that aspect. Was a real pain to get this to work for those who use content library like myself, and smart content users. We will look into the issue of the script not loading and see what the possible reasons could be. Everybody sets up their Studio differently, so the more people that have the issue, the easier it is for us to find a solution.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Same here:

While doubleclicking the script nothing happens.

Executing Script...

Critical Error!

Result:

Script executed in 0 secs 5 msecs.

Please fix it!

We working on it. It's not easy to pinpoint exactly why this happens to some users so the more info we getting in the easier it is to solve.

edited July 2017

Hi guys I will be sending those who have script issues (via PM) a revised version of the script to test. If it works there will be an official update with this version. Thanks.

Post edited by Zev0 on