toonycam pro: file does not exist??

using Daz studio 4.9.2.70 64 bit on a mac

I could really use some help here, I need to make toon renders for a client and I have not used toonycam pro for a few years. When I go to the content library I see it apears to be installed but when I click on the camera icon or any other icon in the folder I get an error "file does not exist) I happen to check the file path and there is no file path for any of those files. so I uninstall in the DIM and reinstall. the icons disappear and then reappear but still give the same error.

I managed to locate an icon in the installer tab of Daz studio but I cannot interact with it. clicking has no effect. Very frustrating! anything else installs just fine aaarrrrrrgggg.......

Anyway,I just need a simple toon render. What happened to the generic cartoon render using open GL? 

Thanks in advance for any helpful hints!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

You can still use the OpenGL render - set the Render Engine in the Editor or Advanced tabs of Render Settings

• ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249

Thanks Richard I do use it but I thought in some of the open GL settings there was a basic cartoon setting... but maybe i am getting it mixed with poser from years ago.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

There's a Cartoon Shaded preview mode - it requires an nVidia card, as I recall, and is in the list of preview modes accessed by clicking the sphere icon next to the camera/view picker button at top-right of the viewport.

• ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249

Ahh coool. Thanks Richard you da man!

I got toony cam basic working- I wish I could figure out why the pro version won't load.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

I think the pro version has a few files that 'live' with the main Daz Studio program... If you are doing any installations manually, these files need to be located properly too.

Usually packages that do this have files in the .../plugins directory, and some times in a .../resources/ directory near your DazStudio binaries. Be sure you're installing the 32/64 bit versions correctly if you have both (you may be running the 64-bit of DS but installing the 32-bit plugins, etc.)

Lastly, be sure to run the installer as admin if you need to have those file located in the protected C:\Program Files\... area. The install can fail with plugins, while working fine with content that's installed elsewhere.

In each installer zipfile is a file called "Manifest.dsx" which describes where the files are in a semi-obvious manner. Perhaps looking at this will give you some hints as to whether or not those files are all being put in the right places...

(I hope this stuff isn't obvious/well-known to you, so I thought it worth mention just in case...)

cheers,

--ms

• brucefoster369brucefoster369 Posts: 13
    edited May 2021

TonneyCam Pro will not install correctly in Daz. I am using Daz 4.12.1.118 (64-bit) and Windows 10, When I try to install it it can not find the application. (see atached file) When I try to run it I get an error. (see other atached file)

I have had it installed before with earlier versions of Daz.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Screenshot 2021-05-11 113816.png
    677 x 414 - 25K
    Screenshot 2021-05-11 114230.png
    524 x 119 - 10K
    Post edited by brucefoster369 on