Content Gatherer Problem

2»

Comments

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

yay!

good to know about the file-reference tool as well! I hope this works for @info_e7b2cb83f1 as well.

FWIW, I've had good luck keeping separate DS installations *completely* isolated for this sort of experimentation by using virtual machines (e.g. oracle's virtualbox, w 64 bit win7 install, 30G disk, 2G memory) - just to do things like this. You can snapshot it, and destroy the thing, (by accident), and restore it for future damage... if you like. Kind of a pain, but for things like CG for a PA, it may be worth the one-time setup.

Pasteing a regedit script in here may be more dangerous than helpful, so I'll defer that idea unless asked - more ways to go wrong than help...

For future readers...

I assume you used regedit to add/create the proper path elements(s) to create the

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DAZ\Studio4

path, and then added a "ContentDir0"  (key?) with 'data' like

"C:\your\path\to\top\of\your\Content\Dir\..."

in the regedit 'edit' dialog, and then checked to see that it looked just like the screenshots of the regedit fields above, and then restarted Gatherer/FileRefEditor and it just works now?

To be complete - for 'special' DS version people like you, you guys will need to manually manage these ContenDir0, ContentDir1, ContentDir2... entries by hand (regedit) in the future, as well. Again, there are pretty simple 'regedit' scripts that can be created to make this easier/more fool-proof, but this probably isn't the best place to get into all of that. Google and/or MSDN is probably the best way to get into that business.

cheers, and very glad it worked. These forums are a godsend!

--ms

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

I didn't have the Studio4 folder, so I created one and inside the folder created what I thought was a copy of my content directories from the publishing build. Now CG "sees" Daz Studio and it seems to work.

You are the boss!

*jealously claws at the screenshot where it "sees" your Daz Studio Publishing Build*

heh,

--ms

•  

mindsong said:

These forums are a godsend!

As are the people who take the time to help out.

Yes, that is how I created the 3 content directories I have for Daz Studio. I then re-ran CG and zipped up a product to test it out and the program now works as expected with my hinky version of D|S (as does his File Reference Editor). I agree that offering more than suggestions about how to do it would probably be too risky. Search engines should turn up whatever the person needs since these registry keys are very basic. I am going to look into the virtualbox suggestion, too. Thanks for mentioning that.

I'm hoping this "dummy" version of Studio 4 will allow his stuff to work for some time to come.

• greonogreono Posts: 3

Hello guys
    I purchased the “Content Gatherer” plugin for the Daz Studio program some time ago.
    Today I needed to use it again, but this time I can't “Analyze” the content of a saved product.

Within a week the product worked normally, I added the .Duf file and then clicked “Analyze” and then the program worked correctly, bringing me a list of the products used in Scene.duf
    However, now I click on the analyze button and nothing happens, what do I need to do to make the plugin work properly again?

• I was having the exact same problem, but solved it by running "gatherer.exe" from the same Drive on which my Daz installation and library are located. Hope this helps someone.