New PC and Windows 10

Morning all,

Is there anything special I need to configure in Windows 10 to run Bryce 7 Pro?  Perhaps compatibility mode? Will have a new PC in a couple of days and wanted to install Bryce and see how it worked on Windows 10. 

Thanks!

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,959

I have not used Bryce for a loooong time, and never had any issues (thiugh never installed in W10).  From memory reading these (previous?) forums I recall you can get a SxS (side-by-side?) error meaning that a particular C library/dll/runtime is not installed, plus you may want to make Bryce LBA aware to give it access to a few more bvytes of RAM.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2017
    SimonJM said:

I have not used Bryce for a loooong time, and never had any issues (thiugh never installed in W10).  From memory reading these (previous?) forums I recall you can get a SxS (side-by-side?) error meaning that a particular C library/dll/runtime is not installed, plus you may want to make Bryce LBA aware to give it access to a few more bvytes of RAM.

Side by side errors came with Win 7  and are spoken off in one of the sticky threads at the top oof the forum/

LAA has also been covered in several threads in this forum,  and indeed there are a few threads about Bryce and Win10. 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/64708/bryce-7-1-pro-and-windows-10/p1

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/154196/bryce-7-windows-10-64-installation-issue

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 559

Yes I saw those links about the install errors.  I also saw the old thread about Bryce and Windows 10.  Just thought I'd pop in and see if there was any new stuff about Bryce and Windows 10.

Thanks for your time.

SimonJM said:

Yes, I remember about the runtime library needing the older dll.  Thanks for reminding me.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

I use Bryce under Windows 10 version 1607 with no problems. So, I guess it should work for you too.

Yeah!!  I got Bryce installed on Windows 10 and so far, so good.  Now I have remember how to use it.  LOL