Bast Hair Problems

nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,336

Recently purchased Bast Hair, and it is not showing up in Smart Content,  Also in the content library I can see the textures, but the hair itself merely the textures, but no hair as a wearable.  I've refreshed the metadata and un/reinstalled it, but to no avail.  In the Install Manager it shows the product as being installed, but it's not showing up.  

Anybody else had this problem and solved it?

Post edited by nelsonsmith on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Where does Install Manager show the actual hair being installed?

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Its in Poser Format: Figures > Victoria 4 > Clothing > Bast

Why it was put under Clothing, who knows?

Does it show up there if you go to Content Library > Poser Formats?  If it does, right-click on it and choose Categorize to see if it has been categorized incorrectly or not at all.

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,336
    edited April 2017

This is the Bast Hair for Genesis 3 Females.  The listing shows up in the Content Library Products, but there is no actual hair there at all,  just 27 textures for hair, and as I stated, it doesn't show up in Smart Content at all.

But does it show up in Content Library under "Daz Studio Formats" or "Poser Formats"?

It shows up under Daz, but I'm getting the Triangle with an exclamation point.

Under Content Library > Daz Studio Formats?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Not Categories or Products as these use the database just like Smart Content.

I'm in the process of deleting the package from Installed items and redownloading it from scratch.  It seems something simply failed to download, since I have materials, but no item on which to apply them to.

We'll see what happens.  This is the first time I've had this problem with a newer item.

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

I had the same problem, I needed to finish something so just downloaded the Poser version and used it...I was going to check with support about it but totally forgot till I saw your thread.

edited April 2017

Well, that didn't work.

Looks like I'm simply going to have to return it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Well, that didn't work.

Looks like I'm simply going to have to return it.

Tryy filing a help ticket first,  surely. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,961
    edited April 2017

Yeah, but then you have to hope you get the ticket resolved within a month, which is... gambling.

What I would do is open a ticket and then return it, and if the problem is resolved, then buy it again.

Or just be sure to fill out why you are returning it, and if they care, they can put in a bug report.

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,319
    edited April 2017

Recently purchased Bast Hair, and it is not showing up in Smart Content,  Also in the content library I can see the textures, but the hair itself merely the textures, but no hair as a wearable.  I've refreshed the metadata and un/reinstalled it, but to no avail.  In the Install Manager it shows the product as being installed, but it's not showing up.  

You are right: it doesn't show up in Smart Content at all. I think that may be a compatabiity error (i.e. not set compatible to any figure) because it shows up in Content Library for me under the alphabetical listing of Products - B - Bast Hair for G3F. The ahir itself is hiding between some of the materials presets - you should find it as "BastHair" after "BastHair 12" (a dark brown colour Iray mat preset) and "BastHair Beads Gold" (also Iray), but before "Hair-01" (the 3Delight light brown setting). Note that in the Scene Panel the Bast Hair is a child of Bast Scalp - you need to set the scalp texture using one of the colour presets then select the Bast Hair itself and set it's colour preset, it doesn't seem to inherit.

ETA: I just dug a little more - it is in Smart Content but under Lost and Found and only shows up if you uncheck "Filter by Context". That Support ticket is probably the right way to go...

Post edited by MelanieL on
    MelanieL said:

You are right: it doesn't show up in Smart Content at all. I think that may be a compatabiity error (i.e. not set compatible to any figure) because it shows up in Content Library for me under the alphabetical listing of Products - B - Bast Hair for G3F. The ahir itself is hiding between some of the materials presets - you should find it as "BastHair" after "BastHair 12" (a dark brown colour Iray mat preset) and "BastHair Beads Gold" (also Iray), but before "Hair-01" (the 3Delight light brown setting). Note that in the Scene Panel the Bast Hair is a child of Bast Scalp - you need to set the scalp texture using one of the colour presets then select the Bast Hair itself and set it's colour preset, it doesn't seem to inherit.

ETA: I just dug a little more - it is in Smart Content but under Lost and Found and only shows up if you uncheck "Filter by Context". That Support ticket is probably the right way to go...

@ MelanieL  Thanks a bunch.   I found it!

• NuBoo2u2NuBoo2u2 Posts: 25

Same roblem here...