Need hep to convert Genesis 2 Creature Creator addons to Genesis 3

Hello! I need some help in the problem of conversion custom-boned items from Genesis 1-2 to Genesis 3, like Creature Creator Addons for Genesis 2 Males https://www.daz3d.com/creature-creator-add-ons-for-genesis-2-male-s)  and Females. There were nicely made animalistic legs (bovine, feline etc) and I wanted to convert them from Genesis 2 Male to G3M, but encountered a sudden issue with custom bones. I've read three tutorials by Sickleyield  about saving custom bones on conversion (this one and others), but with those addons they didn't help much. Formerly I managed to convert many hairs with custom bones, following tutorials, but legs seemingly have more complicated rigging and I don't know how to combine upper Thigh bones of Genesis 3 with lower legs and feet bones from original addons.

Here is the original rig of one of such addons (Bovine Legs) for Genesis 2 Male -

The initial rig of the Bovine Legs

At first, I shaped my first item (Bovine Legs) after the clone of G3M in Genesis 2 Male and got the OBJ of the legs, which fits Genesis 3 Male. Then I loaded the original Bovine Legs and transferred rigging from these original legs to this new geometry, so I got the new figure, let it be Male Legs Bovine Conformed 01. But this figure is unusable for Genesis 3 Male because of the wrong rigging, because Genesis 2 has one Thigh bone and Genesis 3 has two thigh bones. I thought that I may conbine 2 rigs and decided to use Autofit to fit the new legs to G3M. Autofit destroys all custom rigging as usually and replaces it with Genesis 3 Male's bones. Here are the results of the autofit.

After autofitting

Posed autofitted legs

As it clearly seen, after applying the most of poses legs are distorted.

At the second attempt to fix it, I deleted all the odd unneccessary bones in these new autofitted Bovine Legs like individual toes of the feet and metatarsals, renamed all bones according to the original rig (e.g. Left Foot to Left Foot CC, Left Shin to Left Shin CC) and so I've got the rigged structure, close to the initial rig. But the position of these bones remained wrong. I hoped to fix it with Transfer Rigging from the original Bovine Legs to this new item, but in vain. It doesn't help.

Attempt 2

As the third variant, I used Transfer Utility again and transferred rigging only from the original Bovine Legs to the new item from the attempt # 2 with Merge Hierarchies checked on, and when I got two parallel rigging sets in one the same figure, I kept just Thigh Bend and Thigh Twist bones from the autofitted G3M's version of the legs and deleted all autofitted bones from the shin and lower. Then I reparented original Shin CC and its child bones to these Thigh Twist bones and after all I got some hybrid rig, which upper part corresponds to G3M and lower to the original addon. Here is this final item.

Attempt 3

But there is the same problem - now this item remains unusable for G3M, and requires autofitting or Transfer Utility again to conform it. And these actions destroy the custom rig. I tried to use a fast way with Transfer Utility with checked Merge Hierarchies and unchecked Remove Unused Bones, but DAZ Studio crashes every time. If I parent these legs to G3M without conforming, they don't follow morphing and posing, naturally. So it needs to be conformed by any way. How to combine two different rigs in these and other similar items? I remember I had no problems with custom hair like braids, whose root bone is Head and custom bones were parented to head, and the most part of problems with high-heeled converted shoes I managed to fix with Transfer Rigging. Why these methods do not work in this case and what to do to get the best of such conversions?

P.S. Would be nice to have this package recreated for Genesis 3 by professionals, I hope one day we'll see it in the shop. But there is many other earlier monster addons for Genesis and V4-M4, so I think my problem is rather wide-spread and should have solutions.

Comments

• LuckBeLuckBe Posts: 93

This is an old thread, but I ran into exactly these issues today. I'm wanting to fit the equine legs to G8M in my case, but as G3 and G8 are very similar, the process should be too.... There's no comparable product available for the current generation, still, three years later, but maybe there's some new insight to get these converted?