Teeth Problem

So, I was working on a new character using FaceGen. Made a few tweaks, brought it back into DAZ. Now I have some narly looking teeth and not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?! I also had this problem with a previous character, so I'm just not sure what the heck is happening here.

Thanks,

Jason

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited March 2017

Personally, they actually look like real teeth than the too-perfect ones we get.

Looks like a morph is doing something it shouldn't; or you have a morph dialed in.

Check currently used.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • How did you make the tweaks? If you used a modeller what morphs were set on export, and did you use Reverse Deformations when loading?

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

The tongue has also been distorted. If you show a picture with the mesh visible, you'll see the tongue distortion more clearly. This effect can happen when going from Zbrush to DS (via GoZ) if you left "smt" checked.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

This can happen if you don't zero the mouth realism HD and the navel morphs (they load on the Genesis 3 figures by default) before exporting your figure to a modeller. 

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited March 2017

@Redz I think you are right. I checked the Mouth Realism HD morph on one of my characters where this issue has occured and indeed the morph value was 100%. I reduced that to 0% and much of the problem was removed, but not fully. I tried changing the morph value to -100% but there was no difference between 0% and -100%. There is some kind of override.

This issue seems to happen quite frequently with me, so I suppose I need to always check to see if there are any HD morphs active in my character before sending it to Zbrush for morphing. It seems that the HD morphs are not behaving in the same way as other morphs when I send a character to Zbrush via GoZ.

I wonder if this is some issue related to DAZ3d's secret HD technology?

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • This was a big problem for me. And i solved it with changing Subdivision Level from Parameters tab. Change it to level 2 and use algorithm as Catmark or Catmull-Clark.