Bar Italia

texjonestexjones Posts: 0
edited January 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

I just bought the Bar Italia, first let me say WOW. Absolutely beautiful, MacLean. Is this place real? It's just really nice.
However, when I load the scene as is, why are the bottles and glasses on the floor. I see the Nulls where they should go. DO I need to load them one by one? Looking through the poses files, I think I see. But not sure. (I got all three BTW)
All the wonderful stuff you've created it makes me wonder about that side of the world. Just really nice products and scenes.Must be really charming where ever it is you get your ideas.

...I got it, in the pose files. Yes, and then I place them specifically where to sit on the shelves or bar, etc... I love the morphs with the bottles and etc. You are really good at this. I love your stuff, because of your attention to smallest detail is amazing.

Post edited by texjones on

Comments

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

Thanks for buying it and I'm glad you like it. It took a long time to do! LOL.

Ok... what program and version are you loading it in, and from what directory? A Poser or a DS folder?

I had it installed in DS 2 and loaded it up in DS 3, where it works perfectly. However... in DS 4.5, none of the glasses, etc are in position. I get the same in DS 4.5 when loading the scene from the Poser directory too.

Now, I know why this is happening. It's one of the issues I came across when I updated the Room Creator sets recently. Something has changed in DS 4.5 and it doesn't load figures which are parented to one another, so they're all loading out of place. A Null is treated as a figure too, which explains why the glasses and bottles are on the floor.

The problem is, I'm not sure what to do about it. I don't know if DAZ are going to fix this in DS, or whether I'm going to have to update every product I have with parented figures - which is quite a few.

Let me get onto DAZ and see if I can find out what's going on, then I'll let you know. If neccessary, I'll update the whole thing.

mac

PS It's not any specific bar, but I now live in Italy and all the bars here are nice, so it's an amalgam of a few different places.

• texjonestexjones Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay, it took a bit to find it in the Daz folder in 4.5. There it loaded with everything in place (Really pretty!!) I was going to ask about the Italia Cafe, but I see how it fits over the Bar. That is a really nice layout. And I founds its material pre-sets, the lights and settings for night scenes. That is really something, sorry to be so enthused but that really is nice.
    and BTW, I also got the new stairways and balcony, they are what I was looking for to complete the buildings I re-created.
    I am still learning Daz, and seeing the difference between the Daz and Poser folders. I just find most items in the Poser folder much easier.
    You had mentioned about a possiblity of Streets2, I would recommend in that one try for a little more concerning freeways and highways. Like an overpass bridge, and on and off ramps, to and from the freeway. And if all possible a railroad crossing. I've also created a billboard, to go with the Streets. Now that I'm getting the hang of Hexagon, I am adding to the stuff I got.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

Hi again,

I contacted DAZ about this issue and they'e looking into it.

So you loaded the scene from the 4.5 folder and it worked ok? That's interesting. I've just mailed DAZ now to ask for the installer (I don't have it) and I'll try installing it in 4.5. I was loading it from a DS 2 folder, so maybe that's the issue.

Glad you like Stairs & Balconies! And i've noted your suggestions for Streets 2, although I can't promise anything. I'll have to see what's feasible.

mac