Multi-user accounts

AmberVikingAmberViking Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi All

I don't seem to be able to find any information regarding my particular query, so I was wondering if anyone can help.

I have installed DS on my PC under my user account, but my daughter would like to be able to use DS from her account.

While she can launch and run DS, she encounters many errors regarding missing content because it has been installed in my user/AppData folder.

Is there any way I can allow DS to be shared by more than one user on a single PC or is there a particular way to instal DS for multi-user use.

I am using Windows 8 if that's any help!

Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

TIA

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,011
    edited December 1969

Yes, you could share the content folders from your account with your daughter's account or you could reinstall, placing the content directory in the public documents folder - sharing the existing folder gives more control than making the whole thing public, I'm not sure how sharing is handled in Windoes 8 - in 7 it's in the buttons at the top of the file Explorer window, or on the right-click menu for a folder.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Another way would be to install all the content on another partition or external/network drive.

• AmberVikingAmberViking Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

Thanks Guys - I'll give that a go.

Looks like I've sorted it now by remapping the paths in the Content Directory Manager in Preferences. Seems to have worked ok.

Ta

Post edited by AmberViking on