Michael 3 vs Michael 4

texjonestexjones Posts: 0
edited January 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

Looking around the Daz store I'm finding stuff that I want. If something says it's for Michael 3, will it still work for M4? Or is M3 a Genesis based figure, like M5? Which I've already learned Genesis and Daz are not interchangeable, especially with stuff like hair and clothing. I need more hair but there's not much for M4, but lots for M3.
Next week, I get my last paycheck for the season with Holiday pay, so I plan to spend $$$ in the store. And then my W2 is ready for taxes, I get mine in early and it will be back in Feb which I plan to spend the whole thing on the rest of what I want and need.

Post edited by texjones on

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

The quick answer is "no". Clothing, textures, etc. for M3 in general will not fit M4 correctly

However, you might be able to fake a few things; for example I can take basic short hair for one figure and manually move it to the right position and parent it to a different figure's head, and it has worked well enough the few times I tried it. That works well for shoes too, you can just hide the feet to solve poke-through. Things that don't need to conform to the figure or follow poses and don't fit tight might be useable with some creativity.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

M3 is an older figure, Generation 3 to be precise. These figures are different to the Generation 4 (V4, M4 etc), and clothing for M3 will not conform to M4. Genesis is generation 5, and completely different to both Gen 3 and Gen4, but if you have the M3 iconic shape for Genesis, you can use Autofit to conform M3 clothing to the M3 shape (Genesis).

There are also several utilities for changing clothing from one figure to fit another. One of these is called Crossdresser, and another is called Wardrobe Wizard. They will also fit M3 clothing to M4. Things like armour and boots do not usually transfer well, but they do in some cases.