Lip sync facial mockup

fostensarifostensari Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi,

I'm very interested in getting V4 or M4 to use their lips in a realistic manner.
I'm targetting non-english language, italian and it is all about the language, therefore the way the lips move while talking is important.

I've tried the Mimic Pro and could not make it work with M3.

I've searched then and found that there are tools on the market such as Zing Track 2 that do automated scanning of the face, including the lips that I could use, however based on the opnions provided here it looks like it's not really working
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3748

Were you succesful in using other facial mock-up/recognition software to allow a Daz model to mimic exactly the lips of a real person?
Do you know such softwares?
Would I need any aditional hardware for it? the Zing Track 2 features no specific hardware a mere web cam would do.

Thank you

Comments

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Mimic Pro should definitely work with M3. You either have to make the dmc files yourself or contact DAZ and ask them for the file. Language is irrelevant as long as the typed text is transformed in the proper English phoneme. I suspect part of the problem with the realism in Lip-sync/Mimic is the fact that the DAZ Timeline uses cubic interpolation, so using Casual's script to change the interpolation to linear may help (keyMate does the same thin gif you own it).
    Zign Tracks 2 does work with V4, according to the source, which I contacted and they sent me this screenshot to show how it's done without fiddling with the registry.
    Another option may be CrazyTalk, which may still be on sale.