Can Not Assign Compatibility Base

edited January 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

Looking for help. Has anyone else had this problem?

I am no longer able to assign/change the compatibility base assignment for content. Some of my content does have an assigned compatibility base but much of it does not any longer. When I try to assign/reassign a compatibility base (Scene Tab - Edit - Scene Identification - Compatibility Base) I get the the window where I can assign/create compatibility bases but when I click Accept it does not save the setting. When I go back to see if it has been saved the Compatibility Base field says "none". I get this same behavior with any of the other routes to creating /assigning compatibility bases within the program.

Any thought why this is not working? I'm thinking it's a new bug in the program? Everything else seems to be working fine... CMS and Smart Content is all present but just does not filter correctly for the content that does not have an assigned Compatibility Base.

I'm using Mac OS 10.8, and DazStudio Pro 4.5.1.56 (64bit)

Post edited by carney_3d87ff9c7b on

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Definitely sounds like a CMS issue. The first thing I'd try is exit DS, and restart the CMS. Just to be certain it's actually fully up and running. If it is, can you create new categories? If not, then you've got a corruption issue and a dump/reimport of your UserData is probably in order.

• edited December 1969

The CMS seems to be working properly. I have stopped and started it multiple times trying to see if it makes a difference, which it doesn't. I am able to create/deleate new categories/subcategories without problem. I just can't assign them as a compatibility base once they're created. I will try a reimport of my user data now. I have a large library so it will take some time.

edited December 1969

Yeah, tell me about it. It takes mine like 90 minutes to dump and another 90 to reload.

• edited December 1969

Just to clarify... when you say dump/reload are you using Content Database Maintenance - Export User Data/Re-Import Metadata?

edited December 1969

carney69 said:
    Just to clarify... when you say dump/reload are you using Content Database Maintenance - Export User Data/Re-Import Metadata?
    Yes, plus the reset of the database inbetween those steps.
  • FremmenFremmen Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

What is CMS ?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,405
    edited December 1969

Content Management Service

• FremmenFremmen Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot

• edited December 1969

Update:

After exporting my User Data, Resetting my Database and Re-Importing Metadata things seem to be working again. The one issue I had after this is much of my content lost their Compatibility Base assignments however, I can now assign/reassign these again which I was not able to do before.

Thanks for your help/comments.