Old question asked and answered a million times...

How do I fix the seam showing on characters when using transparent mats? im embarrased to ask. but i cant even remember the last time i rendered "a normal human" in bryce, lol

also, when using the send to bryce feature in studio, are there any options for materials? i mean, i can always edit by going thru all the material sections one by one, but im hopeful im missing some hidden amazing feature...

g3-daz-2-bryce.jpg
1100 x 560 - 46K

Comments

• The only thing that is certain to work is to lower refraction to exactly 100. You will lose all refractive properties however, but you'll retain internal reflection which is good.

• The bridge will send over the textures, but i think you'd be better off loading them yourself so long as you know where to find the textures in the content folders.

• Thought theyd have updated that feature as well, but oh well.....

Thanks.

looking forward to that temporal displacement in the next upgrade =P

• BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148

The bridge will send over the textures, but i think you'd be better off loading them yourself so long as you know where to find the textures in the content folders.

I have asked this question elsewhere in the forum (Show us your renders Part 10). I have trouble importing hair with the shaders, the model in question has Nordic hair with realistic hair strands, while mine shows only the baase color of the object. Loading the textures myself sounds like a good plan, but how can i do this, and where are the textures themselves I can import from in Daz|Studio?

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799

Good question, always! At some point long ago I wrote an entire thread on this subject. I'll have to seek it out. But in a nutshell here's what needs to happen

1. You will want to export the model from DS with no textures. This includes hair, skin, even clothing to some extent. However most clothing items will be fine even with textures included.

2. Make sure that the option for collapsed tiles is disabled. You want the model to export with UVs that are not stacked. But in some ways this setting isn't very important since Bryce will break the mesh into separate pieces based on material zones anyhow.

3. Use the default scaling, I think. The Bryce scaling might create a very very very small object. For many reasons, I've found that working in miniature in Bryce is a bad habit; but not illegal if that's your thing.

4. You will import the model into Bryce using the default obj import settings; both materials and groups enabled.

5. Where to find textures? This is probably the most important thing to recognize. Assuming your computer is a PC and that your content is installed in the usual manner, just do the following:

Computer/Documents/Libraries/My Daz3d Library/Runtime/Textures/

From there, you will need to know the exact name of the vendor, and the product name. Within the given folders you will find all of the relevant maps, including those needed for the alpha transparency for the hair models.

To find the raw obj files you will follow the same path, but instead of clicking on /Textures you'll instead click on /Geometries.

There's no good excuse for it, as several of us with the understanding have offered to help Daz in this area; but anything at all that includes Blend Transparency (alpha Maps) such as eyelashes and hair will render incorrectly when sent over to Bryce via the bridge because the bridge doesn't place the correct images into the correct channels. Such that you will ALWAYS need to tweak every texture of every model you send over via the bridge. For this reason, there is little benefit gained from sending models over via the bridge with textures included at all. So really importing the models the long way isnt much more work than using the bridge.

Best of luck.