Question in Commons re Bryce and latest version of Studio.

Here's someone asking a question:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/140511/calling-bryce-hexagon-and-carrara-users-upgrade-to-new-studio

Anyone here who has updated Studio to the latest 4.9.3.166 version may be able to say if the Bridge is working OK.

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,285

Thanks for the link, I'm not looking at the commons in a regular fashion.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,169
    edited January 2017

Below is a Bryce render of the Toon Generations 2 male sent from Daz Studio 4.9.3.166 to Bryce - missed eyes, brows and hair materials.

and this is how he looks a like rendered in Daz Studio.

tgMale01pic01.jpg
    1280 x 985 - 115K
    tgMale01pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 115K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Transparencies always need to be set up manually in Bryce

edited January 2017

I have just forgot, how to fix them - any tips will be appreciated. Below is a screenshot of Materials Lab for the hair.

HairMatLab.jpg
    638 x 509 - 97K
    tgMale01pic04.jpg
    1280 x 985 - 143K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited January 2017

This was one I did a while back.   You can either feed the trans map into the diffuse channel as a 2nd image, as I did here, or you can feed the trans map into the trans channel

Btw you also need to rember to click the little down arrow at the top, next to the mat room images and select "blend transparency"

hair trans.jpg
    646 x 509 - 224K
    Post edited by Chohole on

Thanks a lot, Chohole. I will try this right away.

And what about eyes materials - any tips on that matter, please.

I don't know about this particular figure,  but does genesis have a layer on the ey which should be set to transparent with some slight reflection and specularity, in order to make the eyes "twinkle"    When I import a gen 4 figure (V4, M4 or whoever) I set that eye surface to Light glass in Bryce.

edited January 2017

Thanks a lot again, Chohole. Now, I exported the character from Daz Studio as .obj and with converted maps, so I have them in separate folder to play with. It is Genesis 3 male based character.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited January 2017

Will need to play more with the settings.

HairMatLab2.jpg
    642 x 509 - 104K
    tgMale01pic07.jpg
    1280 x 985 - 123K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Artini said:

Will need to play more with the settings.

Artini, You did everything wrong! Read carefully the message from Chohole.
    Do you have in the A-texture source the diffuse map and the Bump map. The B-texture source you also the Bump map. Why have two Bump map?
    In the transparency channel you do not have transparency map. Locate on the disc the transparency map, if any, and insert the free source of texture.
    Be sure to click on the triangle and tick "Blend Transparency". Make the value of Transparency = 0. Make value Ambience = 0.