DSON File Format Specification

rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171

This is also posted in the SDK forum, here, but given that script developers and plugin developers are not necessarily one in the same, I'm posting this here as well...

The DAZ Scene Object Notation (DSON) File Format Specification is now available for viewing by the general public.

-Rob

Post edited by rbtwhiz on

Comments

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Just to clarify if I pre-load genesis with all my clothing in my product, plus dial up the the genesis shapes and apply some default materials. I can save this as a DSON file and include that with my product so people don't have to do all the fitting themselves and this is all above board. Also if I use this format say for posing I can include the clothing morphing parameters, say I have a flowing skirt and I make it so the clothes don't collide with genesis, now does it replace the entire scene or will it read the file and just update the parameters?

• jilldhedgsjilldhedgs Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Is there any study material or book available to know about this from very basic???

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Try looking up JSON, the general system of which DSON is a specific form. Depending on what you want, that may or may not help.