Making gold objects from greyscale bmp

Hi everyone,

New here, but hoping to find someone who'll make some things for me (in return for remuneration).  I don't have a lot of money, but willing to negotiate.   I've tried making the objects myself, as I used to be quite handy with Bryce years ago, but I've forgotten everything I ever knew - plus I used it mainly for terrain, and was never good with small objects and lighting.

I'm a sculptor/writer, working on a project in real life that will eventually be an exhibition.  I've designed 'ancient arterfacts' (I know, I know frown ) and need to have 'artist's impressions' of what the original objects would have looked like in gold.  I have drawings, which can be brought into the terrain editor - I've tried that and it works. But I have absolutely no finesse, so when I render it looks like a flat cardboard cut-out rather than a valuable piece of jewellery.  Sigh...

Anyone willing to give it a go?

Comments

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 2016

Hi agnesdavey64. Welcome to the forum.

A good starting point is David Brinnen's videos on Youtube. There are loads of them on all different subjects related to Bryce from beginner to advanced.

http://www.bryce-tutorials.info/bryce-tutorials.html

Post edited by StuartB on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited December 2016

Hello and welcome to the forum, agnesdavey64.

If you select the item you made, you can click on the 'M' for material and get a screen with options. Click the triangle next to the  thumbnail and choose 'metals'. Then choose 'Precious' and pick a nice gold option you like. This is the way to get to redefined materials.See pictures.

Of course, folowing several of David's tutorials is always recommended!

Good luck with your experiments!

gold material 1.PNG
    776 x 619 - 496K
    material groups.PNG
    778 x 617 - 183K
    gold material 2.PNG
    790 x 545 - 228K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • Hi everyone,

New here, but hoping to find someone who'll make some things for me (in return for remuneration).  I don't have a lot of money, but willing to negotiate.   I've tried making the objects myself, as I used to be quite handy with Bryce years ago, but I've forgotten everything I ever knew - plus I used it mainly for terrain, and was never good with small objects and lighting.

I'm a sculptor/writer, working on a project in real life that will eventually be an exhibition.  I've designed 'ancient arterfacts' (I know, I know frown ) and need to have 'artist's impressions' of what the original objects would have looked like in gold.  I have drawings, which can be brought into the terrain editor - I've tried that and it works. But I have absolutely no finesse, so when I render it looks like a flat cardboard cut-out rather than a valuable piece of jewellery.  Sigh...

Anyone willing to give it a go?

Aye, I'll have a crack, send us an email at [email protected] no promises, depends on what you are looking for.

• Thanks for the replies and advice :)