Supersuit Render Atifacts

GrattersGratters Posts: 0

I have been using the Supersuit to make a composite image and for some of the suit setups, I get weird artifacts appear.

It doesn't happen with any other render, just certain configs of the Supersuit. Can anyone suggest what might be happening?

Gratters-resize-2.jpg
254 x 532 - 26K
Gratters-resize-1.jpg
254 x 462 - 29K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,434
    edited June 2012

Edited to replace large image with smaller crops - I hope they still show the problem areas. If you mean the odd coloured areas, are you using Depth mapped shadows on any of your lights? I've just been reminded that if that is the issue, sometimes a slight tweak on the camera position will fix it.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Not to mention biting the bullet and using Raytraced shadows instead of deep shadows; in some cases it might add rendering time, in some it may not.

• GrattersGratters Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks

I have had a similar comment about shadow maps independently and I have to admit that I used a promo set up that came with Aiden. I have something else cooking at the moment but I will check what the setup is.

I was being lazy with my lights; I'm normally much more hands on but I was playing with the Supersuit bundle to look at outcomes rather than thinking too much about scene setup.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Yeah; the problem is, IIRC, deep shadow maps having problems when they encounter current version of 3Delight rendering engine, an incompatibility of sorts. It doesn't happen always, but when it does... well, I once managed to get a picture which was mostly made out of those colorful artifacts than actual content. Quite spectacular, but not what I wanted. ;) But ever since I switched to raytraced shadows (as recommended), the problem went away.