24th BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE →→ FOOD ←←

Comments

• SRay: Great render.

Horo: Great render, too. And, yes, this poor boy forgot to eat, I think so too, Hansmar....

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@stuartb... Let me guess.. Chips Again... Funny... and very clever..
    @sray...  Food Chain ... cool image I agree the DOF is well done... I think a little bump on the cat would enhance it a bit
    @horo... Delivery... cool idea ..Interesting elements like the Bryce workspace..

Here is my first entry:  Mr. Toad's Midday Snack

Toad and I think the dragonfly as well are from Content Paradise ... Grassland Foliage RDNA via Daz...

Mr. Toad's Midday Snack.jpg
    960 x 720 - 683K
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited December 2016

Fried eggs.

Render Bryce 7 Pro. Render Normal AA. Time 57:40.
    Modeling: Bryce 7 Pro, Wings 3D.
    All models and textures made by me.
    There is one question. If I introduce three rendering, the jury will select only just one of them? Or is there a possibility that two or three works could take the prize?

Fried eggs.jpg
    1370 x 1050 - 475K
    Post edited by Slepalex on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Nobody wins more than one prize each contest.  If a person does get more than one image in the top 6 then the one with the highest number of points is included and the other(s) are taken out of the list.   The idea is that then 6 different people win prizes each time.    Even with the best New Bryce user prize, if that person should happen to be in the list of normal prizes, then they will not get the NU prize, or they will get the NU prize and another member will get the normal prize.

edited November 2016

Chohole said:

Nobody wins more than one prize each contest.  If a person does get more than one image in the top 6 then the one with the highest number of points is included and the other(s) are taken out of the list.   The idea is that then 6 different people win prizes each time.    Even with the best New Bryce user prize, if that person should happen to be in the list of normal prizes, then they will not get the NU prize, or they will get the NU prize and another member will get the normal prize.

Then I will raise a question in a different way. What of three presented works chooses jury? The best in their opinion or the latest?

That is, I want to clarify. If I will present three works, it increases my chances of success?
    And another question. How can there be "a blind judging thread for the judging panel", if the judge can look into this thread and find out the names of artists?

Post edited by Slepalex on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

They don't know who did what,   they have a blind judging thread.   The renders are all collected up and then sorted alphabetically by image title

Like this one    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/125416/23nd-bryce-render-challenge-judging-thread-sport

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited November 2016

mtnmen: Funny render, but not for the dragonfly.

Slepalex: Yes, three renders increases your chances. Please submit three; I want to see more of your wonderful still lifes. This one is very good again. I really like the texture on the bread!

Post edited by Hansmar on
    Chohole said:

They don't know who did what,   they have a blind judging thread.   The renders are all collected up and then sorted alphabetically by image title

Like this one    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/125416/23nd-bryce-render-challenge-judging-thread-sport

Perfectly!
    I come here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/112966/23nd-bryce-render-challenge-sport/p1 and find out that for example the job (# 11 Free Climbing) did drachenlords!

Hansmar said:

Slepalex: Yes, three renders increases your chances. Please submit three; I want to see more of your wonderful still lifes. This one is very good again. I really like the texture on the bread!

Thank you for the explanation, Hans! So I'm going to do two more works, if I have time.
    The texture on the cut of bread piece I did in Corel PHOTO-PAINT based on images from the Internet. The rest of the textures are procedural.

• @mtnmen: Very well done. Very dynamic.

@Slepalex: A beautiful still life.

And because of the question: The jury sees only the judging-thread, but not the renders of the render-call. So they do not know what image of who is.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288
    edited November 2016

drachenlords - thank you. Yes, delivery boys need to be clean, well polished and shiny. laugh

Hansmar - thank you. Yes, they are not permitted to eat what they are supposed to deliver. devil

Yellow Pen - thank you.

mtnmen - thank you. Mr. Toad's Midday Snack is a cool render, great vegetation.

Slepalex - beautiful still life. The material on the cut apple looks beautifully realistic.

Here's my second entry. Fish are from Daz 3D, the plants were from Daz 3D (Lisa's Botanicals), the terrain and material applied are available at Daz 3D.

Title: Food Chase

Food Chase

FoodChase.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 253K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited November 2016

Automatic double comment, deleted.

Post edited by Horo on
  • @Horo:
    Very cool idea and the last fish is a real monster. Since I go better not swim ;-)

horo, drachenlords, hansmar... thank you

@slepalex.. Great image... fabulous texture of the bread.

@horo.. Food Chase... Great underwater image... really like the lighting on the plants... Those smaller  fishs better hurry up... both the middle & the  big fish look very determined and hungry...

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

drachenlords : inviting table and awesome spaghetti monster.

StuartB : Great abstract idea 

SRay : very nice scene

Horo : both entries are a pleasure to look at.

mtnmen : very attractive image

Slepalex : Beautiful still life

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,179
    edited November 2016

Another great challenge, magnificent, awesome entries by everyone. 

My 1st entry

A Thought

burgers_thought.jpg
    550 x 550 - 221K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited November 2016

mermaid 010 : nice image, poor cow.

1 tree, 1 rabbit (model from the net), 2 mirrors, a free HDRI sky from HDR labs, 3 hours render resulting in my

first entry : Rabbit for food or food for rabbit.

Rabbit for food or food for rabbit.jpg
    900 x 450 - 103K
    Post edited by adbc on

drachenlords - thank you.

mtnmen - thank you.

adbc - thank you. Great idea with the mirror, well done.

mermaid - if cows could think - well, perhaps they can, who knows? Well done.

Horo : thanks.

mermaid010: Funny render with cow. I guess our 'animal party' (an actual political party over here) would try to get this render banned. But indeed, the cow does not look very good. Try to use one from http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree.htm. They are quite OK.

adbc: Lovely render. Earwise, those rabbits look like hares to me, but I'm not an expert!

@Hansmar : thanks for your comment.

I'm not an expert either, when I downloaded it it was labelled as a rabbit, maybe it's a wild one !

Adbc - thanks Love the mirror effect.

Horo - thanks, I'm not too happy about the lighting.

Hansmar - thanks for the suggestion and link. From past experience this site has stuff mainly for Poser, and I only use Bryce and a bit of Wings 3D, I will have a look anyway.

adbc said:

@Hansmar : thanks for your comment.

I'm not an expert either, when I downloaded it it was labelled as a rabbit, maybe it's a wild one !

Well, a long-eared rabbit I guess, because the hind-legs do not look like a hare to me, so, who knows? As long as you make a nice render, I'm happy!

Hansmar - thanks for the suggestion and link. From past experience this site has stuff mainly for Poser, and I only use Bryce and a bit of Wings 3D, I will have a look anyway.

OK. Without either Poser or DAZ Studio, you don't really have a lot of use for these animals. I pose them in DAZ Studio, export to object and import in Bryce and it works good, but it will require you to get at least some understanding of the DAZ Studio software (which is free, by the way).

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited November 2016

Another great start to the render challenge from everyone... Realistic, abstract and humourous ideas...

Here's my first entry

Title: Tins of Punding

BrycePuddingTins.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 665K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on

@mermaid010 : thank you.

@Dave Savage : Well done render, very realistic.

edited December 2016
    Hansmar said:

OK. Without either Poser or DAZ Studio, you don't really have a lot of use for these animals. I pose them in DAZ Studio, export to object and import in Bryce and it works good, but it will require you to get at least some understanding of the DAZ Studio software (which is free, by the way).

Hansmar -  actually the calf download had obj. files and I was able to work with them. I installed and uninstalled Daz 3D many times, I don't have enough gray cells to learn it or another 3D program. Thanks for the suggestion.

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Dave- that's a very nice render, I somehow excepted you will make a food product.

edited December 2016
    Hansmar said:

Hansmar -  actually the calf download had obj. files and I was able to work with them. I installed and uninstalled Daz 3D many times, I don't have enough gray cells to learn it or another 3D program. Thanks for the suggestion.

OK, no problem. We all work with what suits us best!

adbc: Great stack of cans. Next one is with a ball flying just in the middle and the cans flying apart, I hope!

Post edited by Hansmar on